tuna55
tuna55 UltimaDork
3/14/11 3:57 p.m.
feature_image

Thanks Dave, for stating the best part of the whole Murano, X5, X6 sport SUV thing.

OEM: "Look what we did, we made this relatively impractical SUV handle acceptably and threw a big engine in it!"

GRM buyers: "Great. I already have a minivan though, and it was $10k less than that. Can you guys build a sports car again, …

Read the rest of the story

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
3/14/11 4:59 p.m.

Thanks. Someone should give Cadillac a cookie for building the CTS-V wagon, though. It's fast, boxy and low to the ground. What a concept.

Duke
Duke UltimaDork
3/16/11 11:39 a.m.

Honestly, if I had a ton of money, I'd buy several CTS-V wagons just to thank Cadillac for having the grace to make them.

The Murano is still hideous and unwantable to me, after all these years. I maintain that this entire class of vehicle, particularly in FWD format, is the worst possible combination of all the elements they are "crossing over" to combine.

Vigo
Vigo PowerDork
3/16/11 2:57 p.m.

Im tempted to call the CTS-V wagon a carrot on a stick. I cant find the numbers now but i believe only ~250 are being produced this year?

WIll it ever go into higher production? Keeping in mind, full production for the cts-v in general has never been more than 2-3k per year.

I mean i love the idea of the thing, but there are numerous ferraris with higher production numbers than that.

As for the murano, top of a blah heap, i guess. My question is the murano convertible: WHY?!!?!??!?!?

tuna55
tuna55 UltimaDork
3/20/11 11:02 a.m.

Agreed Dave, amazing what Cadillac did. I wish other automakers would follow suit.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
12/10/13 12:00 a.m.

Nissan redid the Murano for the 2009 model year, and the mid-sized crossover received a face-lift for 2011. The front and rear fascias are new, including the lights.

We sampled the SL model. Even though it's one step down from the top-of-the-line LE, it comes with leather seats, a Bose audio system and a 2 GB Music Box sound system. Ours had a $1850 Navigation Package that also included a 9.3 GB Music Box setup. The Murano comes in both all- and front-wheel-drive flavors.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xiJv5U66gyc8VYspVxZLbzCShokqDOkAkUjgDVbin5dVMT0jcET9yZ7VYYKWiv8y