dan_efi
dan_efi Reader
5/24/08 1:14 p.m.
feature_image

link to old readers rides thread: http://archive.grassrootsmotorsports.com/board/viewtopic.php?id=34812

the "edit this ride" function seems to work except that it doesn' make the change

Read the rest of the story

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
4/5/12 10:53 a.m.

at the TOP of my new car want list!

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt UberDork
4/5/12 11:08 a.m.

Perhaps this will answer the question on the forum about whether only cheap buyers go for the stick shift.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 PowerDork
4/5/12 11:16 a.m.

Color me impressed. Only downside is that price, especially vs. such contenders as the Optima and Sonata.

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter PowerDork
4/5/12 12:37 p.m.

270hp, big honking turbo that comes in fairly late and hard, FWD.... sounds like a recipe for some pretty vicious torque steer.

Alan Cesar
Alan Cesar Dork
4/5/12 1:27 p.m.

Torque steer is nearly nonexistent. This car is a showcase of their HiPer Strut technology. http://youtu.be/LWdjijpNiO4

Quasi Mofo
Quasi Mofo GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/5/12 2:43 p.m.

Now that I am back to work I see them every day. As a matter of fact there is a black one looking into my office as I type this. The best way I can describe the New Regal is this: General Motors has built a VERY GOOD Volkswagen Jetta. The base Regal is much like the high option package Jetta and the Regal Turbo is every bit as good as the Wolfsburg model and the GS is on par with the GLI.

SPG123
SPG123 Reader
4/5/12 9:47 p.m.

No Tq steer here. The redline is too quick though. This car is TIGHT. The brakers excellent. Handling rock solid and smooooth too. Excellent seats and steering wheel. I'd like another 100HP because the car just seems so all around capable.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/8/12 8:52 p.m.

I'm guessing that the front end is polarizing, but I love it. Way better than the ugly stuff coming from Japan and Korea lately.

Alan Cesar
Alan Cesar Dork
12/10/13 12:00 a.m.

If the auto bailouts mean GM brings their Euro-flavored cars to our shores, we'll take it. Gone—along with several of the General's divisions—are the barely carlike road floaters that have long been popular with octogenarians. Now Buick is tackling head-on its competition from Acura, Infiniti, and other premium import brands.

The GS is the top-spec Buick Regal, equipped with a heavily boosted four-cylinder engine and a real six-speed manual transmission. It makes 270 horsepower from a measly two liters, and has a GS button on the dashboard that makes the steering and suspension damping a bit sportier—and also adds a red glow to the gauges.

Like what you read here? You can get a whole magazine full of these types of articles delivered to your home or shop 8 times a year. Subscribe now!

Visit the Grassroots Motorsports online store for back issues.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
S25yQBzg0CytGHZezIoJ3ZLfJ1oD7VfSfjWI3ZHVR9FkO6ATs1ztAjJok2rBiuOI