1 2 3 ... 7
speedbiu
speedbiu Reader
10/11/11 8:36 p.m.

Just bought this today and the purchase price was 1000 bucks.My plans are kinda vague right now as to how its going to go.I'm going to title it and take it to the next autocross to see where to start.Things we do know.It will be a widebody,It will keep the V12,it will be at the 2012 challenge :).Once we get started I will post pictures with the progress.Here we go! 2012 challenge car

Lesley
Lesley SuperDork
10/11/11 8:40 p.m.

Please say you're gonna put honkin' big box flares on it

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
10/11/11 8:40 p.m.

Great find!!! That will be awesome.

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
10/11/11 8:44 p.m.

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/reader-rides/car/jaguar/slideshow/ http://speedhunters.com/archive/2011/08/23/car-spotlight-gt-gt-trans-am-jaguar-xjs.aspx

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
10/11/11 8:44 p.m.

Come on I call foul, how did you do that for less than $2012.

Sorry, just warming up for next year..... l keed, I keed

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
10/11/11 8:45 p.m.

BTW the car rocks

speedbiu
speedbiu Reader
10/11/11 8:49 p.m.

Yes its going to have BIG honk'n box flares on it .thats priority one!Photobucket

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/11/11 8:49 p.m.

i've been talking Group 44 tribute XJS for a couple years now. nice find!

MitchellC
MitchellC Dork
10/11/11 8:51 p.m.

This thread is going places.

MG_Bryan
MG_Bryan Reader
10/11/11 8:54 p.m.

It's keeping the V12 and priority one is box flares. Cheers to you sir. If nothing else it [iwill] look and sound awesome.

hrdlydangerous
hrdlydangerous Reader
10/11/11 8:54 p.m.

Awesome Chris. I hope your wiring skills are up to spec. You know there's another guy on this board who played with a V12 Jag. His car is now powered by a small block Ford. I wish you better luck.

speedbiu
speedbiu Reader
10/11/11 9:00 p.m.

Believe it or not this thing just had about 8 grand dropped into it.the motor and wiring at the moment are perfect and the car only has 62k original miles.No rust and good int.other than a small rip in the seat.My main goal is to lighten it up.I have another c4 corvette chassis setting around and it could see its way under it.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua SuperDork
10/11/11 9:08 p.m.

IIRC the suspension isn't bad. The engine has some potential for power as well. The biggest issue (besides rust and keeping them running) I think is weight. If you can strip it to true race weight and give it a beautiful Group 44 paint job with huge flares and side pipes you have a contender for overall.

Derick Freese
Derick Freese Dork
10/11/11 9:14 p.m.

I'm on the wiring, so we should be good to go on that front.

I'm rather impressed at the score on this car and look forward to seeing it come apart and go back together as something just a wee bit more badass.

MG_Bryan
MG_Bryan Reader
10/11/11 9:14 p.m.

http://www.jag-lovers.org/xj-s/book/Jaguar.html Much of it will be irrelevant since you're turning it into a Challenger, but it's worth bookmarking if you haven't already.

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/11/11 9:24 p.m.

Wow. I hope there is some way for you guys to manage headers. That car should sound awesome! Great score!!

MrJoshua
MrJoshua SuperDork
10/11/11 9:41 p.m.

Oh man, ITB's and sidepipe headers and that thing would make naughty noises.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=if2j6yqZg0Q

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 Dork
10/12/11 6:38 a.m.

I absolutely love those cars, but I fear them like the zombie apocalypse.

Luke
Luke SuperDork
10/12/11 6:42 a.m.

Man, those are good looking cars. And that one looks pretty rad just as it is...faded paint, mag wheels and white-letter tyres .

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/12/11 7:24 a.m.
speedbiu wrote: Believe it or not this thing just had about 8 grand dropped into it.the motor and wiring at the moment are perfect and the car only has 62k original miles.No rust and good int.other than a small rip in the seat.

so why was it only a grand? owner gave up V12 jaguar for a less stressful hobby like meth addiction?

speedbiu wrote: My main goal is to lighten it up.I have another c4 corvette chassis setting around and it could see its way under it.

my best challenge finish is 16th out of 79 in $2004, so i'm not an absolute authority, but may i recommend the following approach:

• junkyard springs. doesn't matter what they're out of, as long as they fit and are stiff.
  • big bars. double up on the factory bars if you can't find something else in the junkyard that will fit.
  • diet / sell-off!
  • get the suspension worked out early, and drive the car as much as possible. cosmetics can wait until the driveline and chassis are bullet-proof.
93EXCivic
93EXCivic SuperDork
10/12/11 7:26 a.m.
AngryCorvair wrote: - get the suspension worked out early, and drive the car as much as possible. cosmetics can wait until the driveline and chassis are bullet-proof.

Bulletproof Jag isn't that along the lines of a peace keeping missile?

alfadriver
alfadriver SuperDork
10/12/11 7:33 a.m.
AngryCorvair wrote: - get the suspension worked out early, and drive the car as much as possible. cosmetics can wait until the driveline and chassis are bullet-proof.

This last one applies to all challengers.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/12/11 7:37 a.m.

I always wanted to see what one of those Jag V12s could do on something like megasquirt

speedbiu
speedbiu Reader
10/12/11 7:38 a.m.
AngryCorvair wrote:
speedbiu wrote: Believe it or not this thing just had about 8 grand dropped into it.the motor and wiring at the moment are perfect and the car only has 62k original miles.No rust and good int.other than a small rip in the seat.
so why was it only a grand? owner gave up V12 jaguar for a less stressful hobby like meth addiction?
speedbiu wrote: My main goal is to lighten it up.I have another c4 corvette chassis setting around and it could see its way under it.
my best challenge finish is 16th out of 79 in $2004, so i'm not an absolute authority, but may i recommend the following approach: - junkyard springs. doesn't matter what they're out of, as long as they fit and are stiff. - big bars. double up on the factory bars if you can't find something else in the junkyard that will fit. - diet / sell-off! - get the suspension worked out early, and drive the car as much as possible. cosmetics can wait until the driveline and chassis are bullet-proof.

The car had set for two years due to terminal illness.All thats stuff you listed is on the list.This was my first year at the challenge and finished 12th with the c4 corvette but it broke a tranny and had to do everything in first gear.

Gasoline
Gasoline New Reader
10/12/11 7:57 a.m.

OK, so for the second night in a row I have dreamed about Bright Green Corvettes. Thank you very much..... I woke up alot. I thinks this means I am gunning for BGC's come $2012. Paint the Jaguar Green and I will add it to the to-do list. Thanks again, Tom

1 2 3 ... 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LqTgYcR2h7A2Y1BAXzh4TMkEfPn8svLS6G4W9ED5XerJZo6t6yPnEp58enQ00kht