pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/17/12 9:19 a.m.
feature_image

Ford has also seemed to have nailed the BMW mantra of good-handling in all models, not just the sports versions. At least for the Focus and Fiesta.

Read the rest of the story

Bobzilla
Bobzilla PowerDork
4/17/12 10:08 a.m.

It's a great driving car. Feels solid, planted and plenty powerful for a day to day driver. The console shape though really rubs me wrong (quite litereally against your inside leg) and the speedo is so small and hard to read in sunlight for me.

Ford's doing a lot of things right!

Tooocool49723
Tooocool49723 New Reader
4/17/12 11:16 a.m.

Hmm... $27k... I'll take a BRZ thankyou! :p Different cars for different purposes, I know.

TreoWayne
TreoWayne Reader
4/18/12 1:43 p.m.

How is the transmission? All the other reviews I've read say the Ford "DSG" is pretty terrible.

Alan Cesar
Alan Cesar Dork
12/10/13 12:00 a.m.

After more than 10 years of tweaking, facelifting and refining their platform, Ford finally brought a brand-new Focus to the United States. It's a welcome update: The previous car was world-beating and award-winning when it was new, but a decade brings along a lot of changes to the industry. The old Focus was old hat.

The engine is a 2-liter, direct-injection piece making 160 horsepower. It's an all-aluminum mill, with independent variable cam timing on both intake and exhaust and a 12.0:1 compression ratio.

The Titanium trim line comes with the most standard equipment, but we got plenty of additional tech in our tester. The extra $4500 bought that hot yellow paint, parking assist technology, 18-inch wheels and sport suspension, and the MyFord Touch navigation/interface system.

Like what you read here? You can get a whole magazine full of these types of articles delivered to your home or shop 8 times a year. Subscribe now!

Visit the Grassroots Motorsports online store for back issues.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
yr3mP7D1DDXm4mJtINoQN4z54Xqc5q7jzZHWI5lH8xTQpai3dzOUxdniDjN3dBoz