integraguy
integraguy UltraDork
6/18/12 7:26 p.m.
feature_image

Supposedly, the 1st gen. Sorento had it's share of fans in Europe due to the many things that conspired to make it (seem?) old fashioned feeeling, like the RWD and it's solid/body on frame construction. It was seen as a budget alternative to a Land Rover Defender.

I like the new one, and was very close to driving to my …

Read the rest of the story

belteshazzar
belteshazzar UberDork
6/23/12 7:18 a.m.

thats alot of car for those hp & torque numbers

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
12/10/13 12:00 a.m.

The original Kia Sorentos were a kind of bland-looking, mid-sized SUVs. In fact, we can't remember ever driving one. For 2011, the Sorento got a total do over. The look follows Kia's current design DNA and, we should add, it's built here in the States.

Our test vehicle was a midlevel EX fitted with just one major option, the Premium Package 1. For $3800, it added leather seat trim, heated seats, power front seats, auto-dimming mirror, navigation system and an Infinity surround-sound system.

We should note that the photo comes from Kia's media site; it's not the exact vehicle that we drove.

Like what you read here? You can get a whole magazine full of these types of articles delivered to your home or shop 8 times a year. Subscribe now or visit the Grassroots Motorsports online store for back issues.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ggJN1N8QhmqDP64I9uOyVyC638qU5YXcIjA9ioQ6JGqYDAbyq9Hm6QH74s2k655t