ReverendDexter
ReverendDexter UberDork
7/5/12 12:17 p.m.
feature_image

Am I the only one that thinks a more minivan-like Prius being called the "V" is a blatant rip-off of the minvan like Mazda being called the "5"?

Read the rest of the story

integraguy
integraguy UltraDork
7/9/12 2:17 p.m.

My sister recently traded in her "old" Prius for a new one. I don't think her's is a "V", as her husband's view of good fuel economy only stretches so far. Of all the vehicles in my extended family's fleet, these Priuses are the only ones I DON'T care to ever drive. I'll ride in them if the driver is going somewhere's I want to go...otherwise, I'd rather walk.

Good things about a Prius? Fuel economy, tho other cars are nearly as fuel efficent and some cost LESS than these Priuses. They also LOOK classy inside, but the plastics feel so hard and cheap.

Bad thing about a Prius (unless you are another car company or it's dealers)? The look like a metallic colored refrigerator box. Toyota, could you at least consider copying Hyundai's styling ideas?

Toyota wants you to think they are so "green", but their cars are THE definition of GREY boxes....ALL of them, not just Priuses.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/9/12 4:15 p.m.

Thanks for reviewing the Prius, GRM. We all appreciate the cool air.

Satan

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Associate Editor
12/10/13 12:00 a.m.

Toyota has expanded the Prius line in the past few years. We recently tested this Prius V, which is the company's largest Prius. This model has as much cargo space as a Ford Escape, yet still gets 44 miles to the gallon.

Like what you read here? You can get a whole magazine full of these types of articles delivered to your home or shop 8 times a year. Subscribe now or visit the Grassroots Motorsports online store for back issues.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wsGeD9VE4zPpCY0x2DKdNmQscieLL7NDOg4bXyNCLgzNm0OGSiW4fy1bZgVRiGGe