RexSeven
RexSeven UberDork
11/9/12 6:40 p.m.
feature_image

15.6 ET? That's a BIG performance loss compared to the V-6 Performance Package. I wouldn't put numbers-fudging past the buff magazines, but most of them were laying down 14.0-13.7 ETs - right there with the 2005-2009 GTs! Of course, you're also not getting that magical 30mpg with 3.73 gearing and gummy summer tires.

Read the rest of the story

integraguy
integraguy UltraDork
12/12/12 7:11 p.m.

" If I wanted a cruiser, I'd get a Camry...."

I can't believe I read that at GRM, Consumer's Guide, or Forbes, maybe.

I've come close to buying a new Mustang several times over the years and have owned and driven several '60s models (including a '67 fastback with a 6 cylinder engine and 3 speed transmission) and a few of the '70s and '80s models...yeah, I know, not the same car. But a Camry? I'd buy one if I wanted to evade notice while TRYING to go 10-15 mph over the limit on a regular basis. But at least the Mustang has steering feel and is RWD.

kanaric
kanaric Dork
1/1/13 3:10 a.m.

" But at least the Mustang has steering feel and is RWD. "

Which in a car like this is meaningless.

You want steering feel and RWD in a car built for handling and performance. Not some woman's convertable bloat mobile with an auto trans.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Associate Editor
12/10/13 12:00 a.m.

We recently tested another of the seemingly limitless flavors of Mustang that Ford has to offer. This time, we were treated to a V6 convertible with the Mustang Club of America package, which adds a unique grille, different wheels, floor mats, more stripes, and a rear deck lid spoiler. Our test car was also an interesting color—"gotta have it green."

We ran this Mustang down the 1/4-mile drag strip at our $2012 Challenge, and were quite surprised by its 15.6-second time.

Like what you read here? You can get a whole magazine full of these types of articles delivered to your home or shop 8 times a year. Subscribe now or visit the Grassroots Motorsports online store for back issues.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
VDWVIhucLbc5g317j53evsNQcoZqp5gnhYnF6IGaI9eiNcODe3UcXCXNZ7b24Dpk