racerdave600
racerdave600 SuperDork
9/26/13 3:04 p.m.
feature_image

Sorry Alan, gonna totally disagree with you here. I traded my Mustang GT for a new 370Z, and work with a guy with a new 3.8 Track, both are far, far better than the Mustang, and in the case of the Genesis, less money for more of less equal equipment. In fact, the nearest priced GT I looked at as …

Read the rest of the story

ZOO
ZOO GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/27/13 11:55 a.m.

Plus one on the sound of the V6. I had a student at a track event with one and I was very impressed with all aspects of the car. Not my cup of tea, but that's not a statement about the car itself.

belteshazzar
belteshazzar UberDork
10/7/13 7:11 p.m.

idk what all is different about the latest version, but last week I saw a 2012 V6 example at auction bring $20k. my bidding hand was itching!

Alan Cesar
Alan Cesar SuperDork
12/10/13 12:00 a.m.

It's tempting to compare the Genesis Coupe to the Scion FR-S, but it's not really that. Its power and weight figures are both far greater than the Scion/Subaru twins (though the 4-cylinder Genesis comes in quite a bit cheaper and has double the Scion's torque).

But in reality, this is closer to the Nissan 370Z—especially with the 3.8-liter V6, as in the one we tested. The power and weight figures are similar. Both have looks only its designer could love (or at least it only looks good from certain angles).

And they both come in at a similar price. In fact, the Genesis 3.8 Track and the Nissan 370Z Sport, when both equipped with manual transmissions, are priced just $20 apart.

Hyundai has been working hard to earn respect in the eyes of American car buyers, but the enthusiast scene has yet to fall madly in love with it. Maybe a lack of history is helping the hesitation. What's the GRM collective think? See the comments below.

Like what you read here? You can get a whole magazine full of these types of articles delivered to your home or shop 8 times a year. Subscribe now or visit the Grassroots Motorsports online store for back issues.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XLjc6Kh4LfIrGbV2Vo0IjbY1UTPrTNMZOtvp2GmNHZJTVmvq8nu4pZpIqd2mNlIC