jstein77
jstein77 SuperDork
2/21/13 1:25 p.m.
feature_image

David - there's no such thing as a base, unoptioned Cayenne except on paper. Porsche will never build one; not enough profit. I dare you to find one less than $60K. I searched for a 200 mile radius from here and the lowest I could find was a $56K diesel.

Read the rest of the story

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/24/13 3:59 p.m.

Modern Porsche interiors make me want to jump in and drive around the world. Maybe naked.

Alan Cesar
Alan Cesar Dork
12/10/13 12:00 a.m.

The historic sporting brand caught a lot of flak when they succumbed to the call of high profit margins and sales volume offered by the SUV market. Their all-wheel-drive rocketship earned some respect for its peppered name, though, and certainly didn't drive away buyers.

It's seen updates over the years, and they've trimmed the fat, too: Its curb weight of 4553 lbs. is 396 lbs. less than the previous generation. The 4.8-liter quad-cam V8 pushes 420 horsepower, but it's no grunting stump-puller: Peak torque is a "mere" 369 ft.-lbs., and it comes in at a relatively lofty 3500 rpm. Nonetheless, it carries a 7700-lb. tow rating.

It's easy to option any Porsche into the stratosphere, and this is no exception. What starts as an $82,000 truck becomes $125,000 with the addition of several options that cost more than $3400 each, including the nav system and the interior package, a $2500 adaptive cruise control, and a $5600 sound system.

Like what you read here? You can get a whole magazine full of these types of articles delivered to your home or shop 8 times a year. Subscribe now or visit the Grassroots Motorsports online store for back issues.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XJzrGcxSBU3OG8rC1iGCr45kdJbkNoK7DKYlRBrI0kG2fUCOS1w8P7ImgjO2xPG5