1 2
Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham Editorial Assistant
9/24/15 3:03 p.m.
feature_image

The Grassroots Motorsports $2015 Challenge driven by General Tire and sponsored by Miller Electric, CRC Industries and Pulstar Spark Plugs is one month away. Have you entered your team yet? Online registration is open. Join us at Auto Plus Raceway in Gainesville, Florida, on October 23-24.

Once again, General Tire will be presenting the General Tire Challenge. The first …

Read the rest of the story

maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand New Reader
9/24/15 3:21 p.m.

1 month left? Good thing I just bought my car last weekend.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand New Reader
9/24/15 3:31 p.m.

Yea got the email and had an oh E36 M3 it's real feeling.

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 MegaDork
9/24/15 3:31 p.m.

NEW MIATAS! WOOT WOOT!

I took this warning as notice that it was a good time to make a hotel reservetion.
Here are details from The Rules Page:
The host hotel for this year’s Challenge is the Best Western Gateway Grand, located at 4200 NW 97th Blvd., Gainesville, Fla., 32606. Book a room by calling them at (352) 331-3336 and ask for the GRM block. Rate is $94.00 per night.

However: I was told that there was no $94.00 rate and rather booked at $109.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
9/24/15 4:14 p.m.
maschinenbau wrote: 1 month left? Good thing I just bought my car last weekend.

You have plenty of time.

pimpm3
pimpm3 Dork
9/24/15 5:25 p.m.

New miatas. Sweet!

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/24/15 5:37 p.m.

looking forward to pounding the E36 M3 out of that girl car

Stampie
9/24/15 5:58 p.m.

I think slowest run should win the Miata. Pretty sure that'll be me.

WillrunifChased
WillrunifChased Reader
9/24/15 7:27 p.m.

More excited about the new Miata than my own car now.

Lof8
Lof8 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/24/15 7:31 p.m.

How many teams are registered so far?

Lof8
Lof8 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/24/15 7:39 p.m.

Well sonofabitch. I shoulda signed up sooner. I wish I would've known about the ND opportunity :(

*any of the first 20 guys willing to sell their miata seat?

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 MegaDork
9/24/15 8:03 p.m.
Lof8 wrote: How many teams are registered so far?

When I log into the registration page it show 31 entries and a number of people with stated intent are still not registered.

Last year it was Abarths, this year Miatas. I had guessed that this year would be BMWs since there seems to have been a lot of BMW coverage this year.

I am very happy about New Miatas! Not selling.

rcutclif
rcutclif GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/24/15 9:37 p.m.

Yep, not selling.

My hotel room was 99?

Stampie
9/24/15 9:58 p.m.

I think the $99 hotel room was for one full bed. No way I was going to sleep with a 7 year old that does laps around his bed at night. We upgraded to two beds.

wheels777
wheels777 Dork
9/25/15 7:22 a.m.

So far...it looks like our whole family will be there.

wheels777
wheels777 Dork
9/25/15 7:24 a.m.

...and for those of us who will be dragging our junk 1000 miles....we have 27 days!

Ed Higginbotham
9/25/15 10:40 a.m.

We also have a few teams that either had to sign up offline or were comped their entry fee because they weren't able to make it last year. So the official number is up to 35 now. Should be a great field!

Ed Higginbotham
9/25/15 10:52 a.m.

Sorry about the wrong pricing for rooms on the event page. I'll fix those now. Apparently they changed without me knowing.

wheels777
wheels777 Dork
9/25/15 11:34 a.m.
Ed Higginbotham wrote:
We also have a few teams that either had to sign up offline or were comped their entry fee because they weren't able to make it last year. So the official number is up to 35 now. Should be a great field!

I am aware of 2 heavy hitters who are planning to sign up late.

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/25/15 12:40 p.m.

if anyone in the mid atlantic is looking for a car for a trash build (with 98% of the parts ready to go) and would be doing it for YOU, not me, with the agreement that it would be available for you to autocross and rallycross at any time after the event. message me.

GTXVette
GTXVette Reader
9/27/15 1:09 p.m.

even If I had a fist full of cash the Vette won't be done, I do want to drive down and get in the way, learn somethin' so if Ya'll don't mind see ya there. The Guy I work For Had me build a Unique Cobra from his ( clasp your Hands) Burned Up ERA 427 car, Well I was given the bare Chassis, just needs blasting and Painting and any rubber parts. Possible challenge car.w/ basic Bad A** engine. Les say's a turbo Mitsubishi, Found a pair of Jag. V-12 Engines and related parts for a Grand , That could be Kool.

PEvil
PEvil New Reader
9/28/15 9:52 a.m.

Just spoke to the Best Western and there are no more rooms left. Help!! Looking for suggestions. Anyone else having this issue??? Thx

wheels777
wheels777 Dork
9/28/15 10:34 a.m.

We plan to have an extra team member along this year? Does anybody have a banquet ticket that they won't be using or could sell?

Ed Higginbotham
9/28/15 11:40 a.m.
wheels777 wrote: We plan to have an extra team member along this year? Does anybody have a banquet ticket that they won't be using or could sell?

Banquet tickets are available through the online store. The store is acting a little strange right now but it still works. We're working on it.

Esoteric Nixon
Esoteric Nixon UltraDork
9/28/15 11:42 a.m.

In reply to PEvil:

Airbnb?

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
PcRGiH6bDmV5f6ZbTvUXZ9LfHPDccfkacLNl452tXd66AmWQmo7AT0B8GZEILgdO