Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham Editorial Assistant
8/26/15 2:57 p.m.
feature_image

Monterey Car Week is one heck of a spectacle, and for once we were a part of it: Ford was kind enough to let us borrow a Competition Orange Mustang Convertible (with a turbo!) for the week. The sticker price for this Mustang was over $40,000, but it didn't have a V8. Was it worth it?

Read the rest of the story

eastpark
eastpark Reader
8/29/15 7:47 a.m.

The spec sheet lists 'Manual' for the transmission, you should update that. I found it interesting that you like the automatic with the EB four. Do you think the 6 speed would be a better choice?

jstein77
jstein77 SuperDork
8/31/15 10:43 a.m.

Tom, somehow I think you would have liked it a lot more with a manual. And a whole lot more with a manual and a V-8.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
8/31/15 10:52 a.m.
eastpark wrote: The spec sheet lists 'Manual' for the transmission, you should update that. I found it interesting that you like the automatic with the EB four. Do you think the 6 speed would be a better choice?

That auto was impressive as it delivered very crisp shifts. Call it very close to twin-clutch action.

Driven5
Driven5 Dork
8/31/15 1:27 p.m.
David S. Wallens wrote: The EcoBoost Mustang costs $1500 more than the V6 yet delivers better EPA economy and nominally more power...And an uncorrectably worse sound.

Fixed that for you.

I'm still curious what the real world fuel economy difference will be, since everything I've seen indicates that EPA ratings are more likely to be 'overrated' on turbo vs naturally aspirated engines...With the Ecoboost family being no exception to this.

redhookfern
redhookfern Reader
8/31/15 1:47 p.m.

Curious to drive one of these as well and enjoyed the review. Our rental agency bumped us up from a C Class benz to a new GT convertible when we are in Seattle next week. I've also been eyeing the depreciating prices on the 13 and 14 V6 convertibles. Hard to justify a V8 when the V6 is putting out 300hp.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
tID4hjyCZxggsoREtkCEVJh63CpEzUr2nmJvG3n4pwhNzDwq0eWe8bJ9GQGS2LoP