1 2
SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
10/3/16 8:33 a.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13:

No major changes, just some tweaks. Cars by old rules are grandfathered in if necessary.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
10/3/16 8:35 a.m.

so as long as I keep the theme of the challenge rules from this past year, I'm good. didn't ever notice the negative budget possibility, so hadn't planned on exploiting that.

one set of tires still free, can only recoup 1008, and spend 2016. must pass tech.

got it. I think.

bluej
bluej GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/3/16 8:52 a.m.

Was the themed sub-class discussed for $2017? (Luxo, vans,...Trucks? Wagons?)

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
10/3/16 8:54 a.m.

In reply to bluej:

Pickup trucks.

Anything that started life as a pickup truck, or has been made into one. Interpret as wide open as you choose. Still needs to meet the SCCA rollover guidelines like the minivans.

maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/3/16 9:00 a.m.

Who won Longest Drive? The results don't say. Also, is Longest Drive only for Challenge cars that were driven, or do trailered cars count too?

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman HalfDork
10/3/16 12:28 p.m.

In reply to NordicSaab:

Updated link to full size

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/3/16 12:47 p.m.

Somehow I failed to self-identify the kemo saabi as being in the 1008 class. My total budget was about $950. oops.

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem Reader
10/3/16 12:53 p.m.

In reply to Robbie:

US too...we were in all $981.

Jerry From LA
Jerry From LA SuperDork
10/3/16 2:44 p.m.
David S. Wallens wrote: Totally. Can't wait to see what the Nelson family beings next year.

Whatever it is, it could go nines in the quarter.

bigben
bigben New Reader
10/3/16 9:31 p.m.
maschinenbau wrote: Who won Longest Drive? The results don't say. Also, is Longest Drive only for Challenge cars that were driven, or do trailered cars count too?

Didn't there used to be an award for the fastest one man team?

And is it just me or did the results spreadsheet change between last night and today?

Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham Associate Editor
10/4/16 8:45 a.m.

In reply to bigben:

It did slightly change. See this thread.

bigben
bigben New Reader
10/4/16 9:50 p.m.

Thanks. I don't know how you guys keep up with all these threads. It's like your paid to monitor the website or something.

ckosacranoid
ckosacranoid Dork
10/4/16 10:35 p.m.

Wow, talk about some weird things. How many mini vans showed. Today was the first chance to hit the website all weekend. Was bummed I kept forgetting to look up how things where going. The very short ford truck looked weird? Story behind it? How many cut up bare framed cars where there? The wood body porsha looked very cool and in the spirt.

Very much stand round clapping of hands to andy and his family.

Hey andy, have you thought about boost for next year to get low 8 or 9? Turbo, super, nox for extra boost.....or just use rockets?

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/5/16 5:27 p.m.
SVreX wrote: Rule clarifications this year open the door wide open for negative budgets.

I'd have had more than $0.79 left if this was known. I was following the old "can't recoup more than the initial parts deal" rules. I was negative on the donor but capped my recoup at the initial purchase price.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
KwTFLl4CslHxSsFSWJ7Ki8UdHaBPZKGm6oNsxsSUwCftEwBZbZA4BZqhvrgrfflf