Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham Associate Editor
9/13/16 1:03 p.m.
feature_image

Lexus's F Sport line rarely leaves us disappointed. This extremely orange GS F gave us more of the same. The 5.0-liter V8 turns out almost 500 horsepower through an 8-speed automatic gear box. As with most cars in this bracket, there are many different driving modes to select that can turn this car from tame grocery getter to a snarling …

Read the rest of the story

TGMF
TGMF Reader
9/13/16 1:30 p.m.

....where's the rest of the review? Clicking the link brings you to the "review" page which has one sentence more information than this thread, and two more pictures. Love this car, would have enjoyed reading more about it.

kb58
kb58 Dork
9/13/16 1:43 p.m.

Cut-and-pasted the rest:

Other staff views: David S. Wallens Editorial Director: I admit, I have a thing for big cars--especially big cars that aren't exactly slow. Yeah, I know that it's easier to make a smaller car fast, but bear with me. We all have our fetishes that are hard to explain. The GS F totally scratches that inch. It's big. It's comfy. It's fast. I also admit that it doesn't make a ton of sense. I don't see many people tracking it, yet it comes with all sorts of track-ready hardware. The seats offer perfect grip. The brakes are huge. And then there's the orange paint applied to our test car. Yes, you'll never miss this one from the stands. It's like a Lexus version of the BMW M5. The M5 makes a bit more power, but the Lexus costs a few bucks less. No, I can't afford either one. And that Lexus V8 is smooth--like really smooth. It's hooked to an eight-speed automatic that is one of the best in the business. So what is the GS F? I'm not exactly sure, but it sure does make me smile.
Shaun
Shaun HalfDork
12/9/16 10:45 p.m.

Holy Crap! 84K!!!

sesto elemento
sesto elemento SuperDork
12/10/16 5:48 p.m.

Berking awesome, can't wait for them to depreciate!

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/10/16 6:11 p.m.
sesto elemento wrote: Berking awesome, can't wait for them to depreciate!

If the is-F is any indication, you will be waiting a long time for them to depreciate.

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man SuperDork
12/10/16 7:24 p.m.

I was at the dealer when they were moving theirs about in the showroom. It sounds absolutely lovely, and I can't wait for the LC500 to come in (same engine, different chassis, 10 speed auto, and a more voluptuous body).

dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
12/10/16 7:46 p.m.

I drove an rc-f and it was pretty sweet!

Vigo
Vigo PowerDork
12/10/16 8:06 p.m.
Slippery wrote:
sesto elemento wrote: Berking awesome, can't wait for them to depreciate!
If the is-F is any indication, you will be waiting a long time for them to depreciate.

Yeah, i don't see this car getting cheap for a LONG time. I don't think it's as 'significant' a Lexus as the IS-F, but i think objectively speaking it's a better car by a large margin will probably be very expensive for a very long time.

sesto elemento
sesto elemento SuperDork
12/11/16 5:43 p.m.

I'm not expecting one for challenge money lol.

Vigo
Vigo PowerDork
12/11/16 7:30 p.m.

I think it'll be a long time before they're below 40k...

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
p3WGsEID93rP93osjqzFhMkm8IJbCgZt1Rkc9BQAxTQCPtULcp8wDDWK7lBqAbVg