1 2
JAhmed
JAhmed Reader
1/10/18 10:25 p.m.

Hate to resurrect an old thread, but I wanted to see if any other GRMers have any up to date feedback on this car? 

Looking to replace my BMW 428xi GranCoupe (coming off lease shortly) with something less expensive and slightly more fun. I recently test drove this car and thought it was great, except for the rev hang...

Was hoping to read more input and experiences. 

Thanks!

MazdaFace
MazdaFace Reader
1/11/18 9:03 a.m.

Does it have tilt steering wheel? I test drove a touring model (I know, totally different car) and it had heated leather MANUAL seats and no tilt wheel.  Weird

Furball
Furball New Reader
2/9/18 7:33 p.m.

Wife and I bought a 2017 leftover last week, in Energy Green. We had a 1995 Neon Sport Coupe in Nitro Yellow green that ran for 19 years, and I still have my 1998 ACR with 57k on it.  We wanted a weekend car with some personality. We both love the new Si. Rides decent, steers nicely, we like the interior (not as much plastic as others), more than acceptable interior perks, has enough power for what we want, and out the door for less than 23k....mind you we are both in our early 60's, so if one doesn't like the styling, tough cookies, we do. Neighbor kids refer to it as The Transformer.

PS...wallet not big enough to have sprung for a Type R.

DragNRacing
DragNRacing
12/12/18 11:01 p.m.
jj said:

Just thought I'd drag this thread up to mention that one of these one G Street this year.  Not sure if it had anything to do with the rain though (or a tune)?

Lance may not be well known but he is fast and his co-driver is no slouch. The car is extremely capable especially on speed maintenance type courses. Having owned a Focus ST the SI is the better handling autox car.

I would bet a Civic SI the GS winning car didn't have a tune. Pretty certain it wasn't wet both days so it wasn't the rain either. It was a combination of Lance and a capable car. I'm sure many of the drivers I bettered at a recent PCA event thought my SI had a tune too laugh

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise Reader
12/13/18 9:47 a.m.

Anyone driven the 2.0T 6MT Accord? If so, how does it compare to Civic Si?

chief8one
chief8one Reader
12/13/18 11:17 p.m.

In reply to mr2s2000elise :

I don't think 2017 accords come in manual.

spacecadet
spacecadet GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/14/18 2:23 p.m.

The Si that won at Nationals was wheels and tires and a rear bar. Sam and Lance brought 2 sets of tires and it paid off. Lance also drove the wheels off the car. the Mechanical diff has a bunch of my fellow G street ST drivers waxing poetic about the Si. One of my buddies is selling his ST to buy a Si, actually the same guy who Seth bought the Black '91 Civic from. 

The car doesn't have power the kind of power delivery and power levels of my Focus ST and that same reason is part of why I bought the focus over the Fiesta. I've driven the Si and it's great in autox, but the 192 Tq number is meh for me. not enough power to be interesting around town, which is where i use the car most of the time. 

In reply to chief8one :

The new 10th gen accord sport has 2 manual options. 1.6 Turbo from the Civic si and the 2.0 Turbo from the CTR and I've seen a couple at dealerships all over my area in DFW. so they actually got ordered. the Sport 2.0 would be the one to go for, for me. Nearly CTR power levels and a big cushy sedan. They're REALLY nice cars. 

side note the 2013-2017 9th gen accord offered the 6 speed manual with the 2.4L on the LX and Sport Trim Levels. 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise Reader
12/14/18 3:09 p.m.
chief8one said:

In reply to mr2s2000elise :

I don't think 2017 accords come in manual.

New Accord comes in MT, you can match it to a 1.5T or a 2.0T

Tac1
Tac1 New Reader
9/10/19 12:15 p.m.

Looks like the Si dominated G Street this year. But, I've yet to find a single review that even puts it in the same class as the GTI or Focus ST.  Is it just the engine that has soured everyone? Has the Type R set expectations too high for the Si to follow? The chassis must be pretty darn good if it's besting the FoST and GTI. On paper, it seems like the perfect GTI alternative, standard LSD, better shifter (I'm assuming), better rack and a good chassis that's fairly light. Again, just judging it on paper and the way it's engineered, it should be a more engaging drive than the GTI. If it is, I wonder what's holding it back from receiving the same praise as either of its competitors?

I'm hoping to have a chance to test drive one soon.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
raGZgFDjIaghHNZDgKxAqXdGzADZ6FsRwjxsB3PJatZ4dsqPM7YJ5Myhg41XGXlh