1 2 3
SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UltimaDork
3/11/17 9:59 p.m.

Come One! Come All! To this years Midwest GRMer Meet!

We're having it a little later than originally planned. I wanted to do this over the winter, to beat the winter blues, but I've been busy with work and haven't had a chance to plan anything. We had such a good turn out, I wanted to do it again.

The plan is to meet up at the Ray Hackenberger Auction in Norwalk, OH. It's an eclectic collection of about 700 cars that are being put up for auction. However, the Blue Suede Cruise is also the same weekend at Summit Motorsports Park on the south end of town on the same weekend, so if an auction isn't your thing, there's something else going on. Norwalk is also 30 minutes from Cedar Point if Amusement Parks are your thing. Both events are 3-day events, July 14-16.

If you are interested and live more than a days trip away, Hotels in the area are a hot commodity because of the proximity to Cedar Point and most likely from the events that weekend, so John Welsh has been kind enough to offer up some space on his property if you want to tent camp or have a camper. He also has some info on a possible AirB&B in the area if anyone is interested in that.

There currently is no plans for an after hours food and beverage outing. We have plenty of time to plan that, so any suggestions are welcome.

Here's the Info:

Ron Hackenberger Auction

July 14-16 Norwalk, OH (No Address Currently)

Check out the links. There are some insane cars that are being put on the block.

http://www.ronhackenberger.com

http://www.vanderbrinkauctions.com

Blue Suede Cruise

July 14-16 Summit Motorsports Park 1300 State Rt 18 Norwalk, OH 44857

There will be all sorts of drag racing and a car show. There will be a swap meet and car corral as well. Check the links for further even information.

Blue Suede Cruise at Summit Motorsports Park

No Restaurant plans as of yet.

Right now this is the plan. I don't see it changing much, but there is a possibility that it could. If you can participate, awesome. If you can't, no big deal, but I figured this is giving everyone enough time to figure out if they can make it or not.

Hope to see you there!

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi UberDork
3/12/17 8:06 a.m.

I'm in, my brother will probably come along. A little "east" for a Midwest gtg but it'll be awesome.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/12/17 8:37 a.m.

I'll be there.

RealMiniParker
RealMiniParker UberDork
3/12/17 8:38 a.m.

Count me tentatively in. I may take up the offer for some camp space at John's.

Grtechguy
Grtechguy MegaDork
3/12/17 8:53 a.m.

I'm in at a maybe as well. This summers social calendar seems to be filling up rapidly.

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/12/17 10:07 a.m.

Are japanese cars allowed at the blue suede cruise? Because i'm all about 11 hours of "fun runs" if 1972 japanese car with slicks is allowed

We're tentatively planning to do the auction, which day will be based on the vehicle listing and what i want to bid on(read: which day the trabant is going to sell)

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/12/17 10:17 a.m.

Oh my yes.

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit GRM+ Memberand UberDork
3/12/17 10:46 a.m.

On the calendar.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
3/12/17 1:02 p.m.
chandlerGTi wrote: A little "east" for a Midwest gtg but it'll be awesome.

Well that was the complaint from our members out in Kansas and Nebraska last year and if someone can point me towards things to do closer to that direction, I'd be happy to plan something for one of the upcoming years. I already have a plan for next year.

John Welsh
John Welsh MegaDork
3/12/17 2:36 p.m.
RealMiniParker wrote: Count me tentatively in. I may take up the offer for some camp space at John's.

I've got 40'x80' of concrete pad if bringing a camper and I've got about 40'x80' of shaded grass if bringing a tent. Outdoor electric available too.

Welcome, it will be great to have you.

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 UltraDork
3/12/17 3:50 p.m.

It's three hours round trip for me, so I'll be day tripping.

Edit: I forgot to mention, if anyone wants to ride with I have room

Esoteric Nixon
Esoteric Nixon UltraDork
3/13/17 12:40 p.m.

I'll bring and sleep in the wagon. Maybe.

Rusted_Busted_Spit
3/14/17 8:40 a.m.

If anyone is interested, and we act now, I may be able to get a cabin at Camp Perry for this. It is about 45 min from Norwalk and the cabins are basically on the lake. I can get one cheap but the NRA holds their National Shooting matches at Camp Perry so there may not be any open but if there is interest I will check.

Lugnut
Lugnut Dork
3/14/17 8:55 a.m.

Sounds like fun but it overlaps with Porsche Parade.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
3/15/17 11:19 p.m.

Count me in

Rusted_Busted_Spit
3/16/17 8:46 a.m.

I say we roll this Start your Sunday with Scotch! in as well.

Rusted_Busted_Spit
3/16/17 8:48 a.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

If I can scam the R class from my wife can I grab a spot on the pad?

John Welsh
John Welsh MegaDork
3/16/17 9:38 a.m.

In reply to Rusted_Busted_Spit:

No problem.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
3/16/17 12:24 p.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

I'd probably take up your offer and camp out. I have a nice tent I can use.

Are camp fires allowed?

EvanB
3/16/17 1:09 p.m.
SyntheticBlinkerFluid wrote: In reply to John Welsh : I'd probably take up your offer and camp out. I have a nice tent I can use. Are camp fires allowed?

As long as you have the camp fire on the golf course so his lawn doesn't get damaged.

John Welsh
John Welsh MegaDork
3/16/17 2:56 p.m.

Its true, we're just talking about my front yard.
My 1/2 acre lot is 25% back yard, 25% house, 25% concrete and the last 25% front yard.
This means I have about an 1/8th of an acre of concrete.

Beyond my back yard there is ample area but you'd want to pull stakes before sunrise.

We have many other options too. A buddy who lives about 1 mile east of me will likely be joining us and he has about 9 acres. One mile beyond him is my M-I-L who is on about 8 acres.
Next to her is my wife's uncle who is the AirBnB option which is really my wife's Grandfather's home of much of his passed life and the center of a lot of family property.

This other picture might give you as sense of the amount of space. If this were a parking lot (which it basically is) I could park 8 vehicles abreast with the noses pointed to the house and still have room to move each one of them independently.
Next door to me is a 4 unit condo building with a detached garage (2 car garage per unit) and their concrete for 4 dwellings is slightly larger than mine for one dwelling.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
3/16/17 3:19 p.m.

As long as I have a 10x14 patch of grass, I'm good. Big Red is another story.

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy Dork
3/16/17 3:29 p.m.

I'm going to try and make it.... I've got the calendar marked. I'll probably bring both of my sons too (7 & 9) if that's ok.

XLR99
XLR99 GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/16/17 4:56 p.m.

This is the weekend I'll be coming back from vacation; I'm more likely to be able to get there Sunday. Barring a MegaMillions win, I won't be bidding on anything. If nothing else, I can serve to enable other GRMers to buy ridiculous old cars .

FWIW, I really want this combination:

EvanB
6/14/17 8:20 a.m.

Some of the cars have been posted for online bidding before the live auction:

https://www.proxibid.com/asp/Catalog.asp?aid=127998

And there are many things that I want.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
I4SsNwffPKQLAeHs8tfuVTGi2Hj1jYDI06keQhfbUgG2Uq1NWJw7vlFOnyIkIWKE