ojannen
ojannen Reader
10/22/17 4:58 p.m.

Anyone have news from the national championships?  Some times are temporarily here: http://sololive.scca.com/.  PF and PR are missing at the moment.

It looks like rain messed up the Saturday schedule and run order on the wet grass early Sunday morning has affected the standings.  Notably, there is a Superbeetle in the lead in MR and all the STIs have beaten the Evos for once.

irish44j
irish44j UltimaDork
10/22/17 5:30 p.m.

Yeah, I saw that as well. DC's Shawn Roberts had a healthy lead after the first day in PR (as did Andy Thomas in PF) , but apparently with reversed order and some sloppy conditions, both of those guys appear to have been knocked out of the running after the first run today. 

The Superbeetle is in the lead because John England can't stay off the cones (same reason he didn't win the East Coasts).....England gets cones regardless of conditions it seems. That said, if Vaughn Micchie hadn't blown the engine in his 924 two weeks ago and had been there with it, I would think he would destroy MR in wet conditions (I know from personal experience)....He is pretty much impossible to hang with in low-traction. I guess if any car could do it, a super-bettle could though....

Man, seems like kind of a bum deal for the people from a long way away who took damn near half a week going out there and back to get 7 runs.....

ojannen
ojannen Reader
10/22/17 5:42 p.m.

I am guessing the second course that finished on Sunday morning for some classes did not change the run order.  Sucks for those that made the drive.  I guess there isn't much you can do with a thunderstorm.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/22/17 5:56 p.m.

Rain?  Man i wish i could have gone.  I have the ultimate mud tires.  Oh well!

7 runs isn't too bad.  I think most years I have been, we got eight.

ZB is going to absolutely insufferable laugh

irish44j
irish44j UltimaDork
10/22/17 6:13 p.m.

^^ haha I knew you'd say that about ZB!

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/22/17 6:47 p.m.
Knurled said:

ZB is going to absolutely insufferable laugh

We are gonna be hearing about this for a long time.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/22/17 6:49 p.m.

In reply to EvanB :

Just remind him that you did it first devil

I also note that Scott from Detroit won MA (I guess his hood stayed on this year?) and Draco was a close 2nd.  WAAAY ahead of the first Evo in class.  Draco seemed to be having a major crisis of faith when Jon Trudeau came down to run with us for practice and was setting SA times that were competitive with his Modified STi.  Draco in a not-Subaru would be just plain wrong and I'm glad to see it worked out well.

EvanB
10/22/17 7:39 p.m.

It was a good year for great Lakes region rallycrossers.

Kylini
Kylini Dork
10/23/17 8:06 a.m.
EvanB said:

Iowa region too!! 

Rally.build is going to make a killing selling BRs.

EvanB
10/23/17 8:45 a.m.
Kylini said:
EvanB said:

Iowa region too!! 

Rally.build is going to make a killing selling BRs.

I noticed that, congrats on the 1st and 3rd for your car! And the Neon in PF.

Kylini
Kylini Dork
10/23/17 1:12 p.m.

So...

Did anyone else get covered head to toe in bug bites and if so, did you stay at the Country Inn and Suites? 

Yalls answers determine if my Miata gets set on fire. Again. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7sp0sOG9UZQqpUTf9esIuK9iAa8kPDvNZLoBnMDdCOYZpn1gzAJhRLqg2i6bCBBp