Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham Associate Editor
7/13/17 9:25 a.m.
feature_image

This one looks solid on paper. Subaru's Impreza Sport 5-door offers utility, economy and all-wheel drive for a starting price of $22,495. But if you can live without options, you can get the base model of the Impreza for just $18,895.

Our test car came with a CVT transmission, but you can opt for a five-speed manual.

Read the rest of the story

NorseDave
NorseDave New Reader
7/13/17 1:43 p.m.

GF just put a deposit down on the car in the pic - 5-dr, Sport, manual, Island Blue, no moonroof. Locating such a beast has been darn near impossible. Exactly zero within 200 mi radius, but dealer says there are 2 scheduled for build, so apparently she's getting one of those.

Her being 5' on a good day, finding something that fit well was hard for her. This was the only thing she drove that she felt totally comfortable in.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
7/13/17 1:45 p.m.

Cool--well, cool on ordering one, but bummer about the wait. I really enjoyed my time with the car.

ssswitch
ssswitch Dork
7/13/17 10:38 p.m.

That side skirt really cleans up the lines. I like this latest gen of Impreza.

It's the closest I've seen to the 93-07 run of wagons in terms of seating position and ergonomics yet. The '12 was close, but there's a lot of refinement in this new platform (especially on the XV).

Trackmouse
Trackmouse SuperDork
7/13/17 11:47 p.m.

That gen Impreza is the new "global" crap. It's basically a forester, a levorg (or whatever it's called), a legacy, blah, blah, blah.

The previous gen Impreza had like, ZERO ground clearance. It's why I went with the crosstrek. The suspension on anything but the crosstrek looks like it went down a pothole infested road on blown out shocks everyday for the last fifteen years.

I know the infotainment center has severely upgraded though. My 2017's console sucks asspipe.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
u8Ut1QCXPEs6A8vBSosDvBehtXDvqEcd01naOrknnhsIlAW0YxrqtC3jZh3v8rDe