In reply to Robbie :

Ok. 

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/25/18 8:32 a.m.
SVreX said:

In reply to Robbie :

Ok. 

Hey buddy. Didn't hear from you, and tried you again last night. I know stuff is probably crazy for you and I hope everything is going well.

Basically what I am trying to do is make a final rockauto parts order of stuff to bring to the challenge. I was hoping you could give the mr2 a quick 'wheel shake' to test for wheel bearing or possibly tie rod/ball joint issues. Parts are stupid cheap for these cars but if we don't know we need it until day of the parts may not be available at the local napa.

Do you have a few minutes tonight? Also, I think I may have the wrong phone number for you...

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
9/25/18 5:43 p.m.

In reply to Robbie :

Sorry Robbie. Hurricane got me tied up. 

Im back online. I’ll be around tonight and tomorrow. Give me a call when you can. 

MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
9/25/18 6:29 p.m.

If you need to ship anything to Gainesville let me know. I am 10 minutes from the hotel.

Byrneon27
Byrneon27 New Reader
9/25/18 9:06 p.m.

What do you guys need? I have a full set of wheel bearings and tons of parts from our car that wont be making it. We'll be arriving Thursday happy to bring anything. 

Robbie
9/25/18 10:42 p.m.
Byrneon27 said:

What do you guys need? I have a full set of wheel bearings and tons of parts from our car that wont be making it. We'll be arriving Thursday happy to bring anything. 

Wow! I'll send you a more detailed list tomorrow. Hopefully we won't need it but you never know.

Byrneon27
Byrneon27 New Reader
9/25/18 11:06 p.m.

Email is easier for me. 

BYRautosport@gmail.com

Byrneon27
Byrneon27 New Reader
9/25/18 11:08 p.m.

I also live like 20 minutes from 2sRus if you need anything picked up. 

I will likely be finishing the E30 at the hotel feel free to send me a list of tools/fabrication stuff you may need happy to loan tools/skills 

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
9/26/18 1:54 p.m.

Is the parking lot build officially started once the car is loaded on the trailer??

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
9/26/18 2:02 p.m.

(Trailer floor has been modified so there is no deck under the car)

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/26/18 2:07 p.m.
Byrneon27 said:

I also live like 20 minutes from 2sRus if you need anything picked up. 

I will likely be finishing the E30 at the hotel feel free to send me a list of tools/fabrication stuff you may need happy to loan tools/skills 

On that note, be aware that they require the first order with any account on their site to be a physical item sent to the billing address, no exceptions, I tried...had to have trucke forward a package to me.

Robbie
9/26/18 3:06 p.m.
Byrneon27 said:

Email is easier for me. 

BYRautosport@gmail.com

email sent! thanks again!

Robbie
9/26/18 3:14 p.m.

Today I made a spares order from rockauto. fluids, filters, belts, ball joints, tie rods, plugs/wires/cap/rotor, a few extra lug studs and nuts, radiator cap and thermostat, seals, RTV, both CV axles, rear transmission mount, etc. hoping to invoke some good luck that if I have the spare part we won't need it. Haha.

Robbie
9/27/18 4:23 p.m.

Well. I just realized we don't have an exhaust lined up. I think the factory exhaust is 4 peices: header, mid-pipe, catalytic converter, and muffler.

Right now I think the build owns 2 headers, but nothing else. amazon/ebay/rockauto are turning up dry for the mid-pipe, but cats and mufflers are available (and expensive).

Unfortunately fabbing our own will be a touch difficult without getting into the heavy fabbing tools (welder, chopsaw, grinder, etc) not to mention that is not work that I'd love to have to do in the parking lot. Of course we will if we have to but if anyone has some of these parts laying around that would be HUGE.

Anyone have some aw11 mr2 exhaust parts? the mid-pipe is the most critical need piece currently.

Robbie
9/27/18 4:23 p.m.

Well. I just realized we don't have an exhaust lined up. I think the factory exhaust is 4 peices: header, mid-pipe, catalytic converter, and muffler.

Right now I think the build owns 2 headers, but nothing else. amazon/ebay/rockauto are turning up dry for the mid-pipe, but cats and mufflers are available (and expensive).

Unfortunately fabbing our own will be a touch difficult without getting into the heavy fabbing tools (welder, chopsaw, grinder, etc) not to mention that is not work that I'd love to have to do in the parking lot. Of course we will if we have to but if anyone has some of these parts laying around that would be HUGE.

Anyone have some aw11 mr2 exhaust parts? the mid-pipe is the most critical need piece currently.

Robbie
9/27/18 6:23 p.m.

I can find headers with midpipes for like $60 shipped on eBay for 4afe Corollas (and they look like they might just fit), anyone know if a 4afe has the same exhaust port and bolt pattern as a 4age? They look awfully similar...

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/27/18 6:44 p.m.

I'm pretty sure they're different. I have a spare AE92 4AGE stock downpipe, the bolt pattern where it meets the header might be the same but obviously the overall pipe shape isn't. And transporting it could be expensive.

GVX19
GVX19 Reader
9/27/18 8:41 p.m.

Im a bit late to the party and I want to help! But I need a place to sleep. If anyone can help me with that Ill have lots of time to work on the build. 

MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
9/27/18 8:45 p.m.

You just need the Y and then it needs a straight pipe out the back as far as I can tell. Simple weld job right?

Robbie
9/27/18 8:47 p.m.
MrJoshua said:

You just need the Y and then it needs a straight pipe out the back as far as I can tell. Simple weld job right?

Yeah, wouldn't be too hard if we had the Y part.

Robbie
9/27/18 8:48 p.m.
GVX19 said:

Im a bit late to the party and I want to help! But I need a place to sleep. If anyone can help me with that Ill have lots of time to work on the build. 

There was just a thread looking for a roommate.... Let me see if I can dig it up. 

Edit: http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/2018-challenge-hotel-room-splitting/142960/page1/

pimpm3
pimpm3 SuperDork
9/27/18 8:53 p.m.

Have you checked car-part.com for junk yards with an mr2.  You can sort it by zip

MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
9/27/18 9:01 p.m.

If the U-Pull it yards don't have MR2's it might be worth checking if the Previa Y pipe flange matches. Yards here tend to have at least one Previa.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UberDork
9/28/18 7:49 a.m.

I have an AW11 Y pipe I can bring.  What other exhaust pieces do we need?  Want me to eyeball it and weld a muffler on the end?

Byrneon27
Byrneon27 New Reader
9/28/18 8:24 a.m.

I have most of a center exit made up I can finish it pre-event

1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 20

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2KGWrZSCRkhhcCeEewCxnkXDOoeiwqEWaGEUn0u1sX9mfgOHiiVWjN4w5XQFY0KU