David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
2/4/19 3:46 p.m.
feature_image

SUVs, CUVs and other such things might get most of the attention, but there’s still a place in our world for the traditional minivan–which Kia continues to offer.

We drove the 2018 Sedona SX-L, but look for some changes in 2019 as Kia’s freshening the nose and tail so that it fits in with the rest of the manufacturer’s lineup. …

Read the rest of the story

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/4/19 4:23 p.m.

I'll save you the link, here is the rest of the story: 

Yep, nothing more to say about a minivan LOL.  Shame, I was wondering if it was geared well to stay in 2nd on most autocross courses, are there sway bars available, what's the widest tire it will fit, and do they make Hawk HP+ for it?  

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
2/4/19 4:31 p.m.

I'm currently on my second minivan (Dodge GC) and while I would prefer to have a wagon and a full-sized van (and eventually will again), as a pure Swiss-army knife of vehicles, the minivan is hard to beat.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UltimaDork
2/4/19 5:08 p.m.

I have sat in a top end Sedona and they’re pretty damn nice for a minivan. I have no need for one, but it would be on the shortlist if I did. 

mtn
mtn MegaDork
2/4/19 5:08 p.m.

Glad to hear it is getting an 8 speed. The one downfall of this minivan vs. its competitors is the mpg. Of course, that could just be my foot on the freeway. 

In any case, we love our '17 SX. We discussed selling it or trading it in after our recent heartbreak, but decided that we loved the vehicle way too much overall. So the AngieVan stays.

slefain
slefain PowerDork
2/4/19 6:15 p.m.

I just bought a '17 LX. We love it. I got 25 mpg in it the first highway trip, and 27.8 mpg on the second trip. Mind boggling. It rides great, is quiet, and has tons of room. I like it better than the Sienna.

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
2/4/19 6:18 p.m.

We had a rental Sedona in Puerto Rico almost two years ago and I loved that thing. By the end of the week I was pouring over maps to find the twistiest way across the island. 

Stefan
Stefan GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/4/19 6:18 p.m.

In reply to mtn :

We just picked up a '19 Pacifica Hybrid.  Its pretty awesome so far and after a couple weeks of commuting in it, the wife has only used about 2 miles worth of gas.

Wife didn't want a minivan, was dead set against them, but we went to the auto show and looked at them first, crawled around inside, etc. then looked at 3-row SUVs and none of them were as roomy or affordable as the minivan. 

So you can convert a minivan-hater, you just have to lead them to water and let them drink :)

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
2/4/19 6:57 p.m.

Glad to hear the minivan love. You all know how much we adore them. 

Dave
Dave Reader
2/4/19 7:31 p.m.

We bought a '19 Sedona for the wife. She is quite happy with it.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mITt9oD0IS92Xu8UI1RjiS29b4pHEKlzEEWgZc7gbBVBMbwzeaGdVz84mog2ZFNf