1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 36
mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
7/11/19 10:39 a.m.

In reply to Indy-Guy :

As long as it meets regular Challenge rules I'm 100% on board. Nobody wants these cars to be intentionally slow, just practical. I daily a dumb little lithium battery in my Accord and it doesn't change the practicality of the car one bit. 

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UberDork
7/11/19 11:12 a.m.

In reply to mazdeuce - Seth :

Great.  Thanks.  This will be my first challenge (and I don't want to be in violation of the "don't be a dick" rule)

I've put 4,000 plus miles on my Gastropod (since purchase) already.  It still very much retains it's practicality.

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
7/11/19 12:52 p.m.

I don't think anyone said they had to remain stock. If that was the case I don't think Seth would have suggested I go Gastropod with my very far from stock wagon. Though I guess I got practical nailed. 7 seats and the ability to tow most any of the other Gastropod cars. (Please don't make me prove that last bit).

mazdeuce - Seth
7/11/19 5:52 p.m.

This is still an editorial event. Gastropod is still the Challenge, just a different shaped box. By all means, have fun, go fast, and be awesome. 

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UberDork
7/11/19 6:37 p.m.

In reply to mazdeuce - Seth & Daylan C:

Oh, I plan to have fun, create content for the magazine, and go fast (in that order). Just checking if trade's were allowed in the Gastropod "box" given the limited recoup rule.  yes

mazdeuce - Seth
8/9/19 7:11 a.m.

I'm back in Texas and close to my tools to making stickers and t-shirts and general paraphanelia for organizing all of this silliness. 

Shirts: I want to make shirts for the people that want them. Design isn't final but it's close to what's posted below, color undecided, but it's time to start to list. Same rules as always, you CAN NOT pay me for them. What I want to do is only bring shirts to the Challenge for people that have asked for them, and then collect another list of people while I'm there and make a second batch. If you already know you want one because my shirts are always so super rad, do this: 

Send me an email at ttwo.elm@gmail.com
Include: your screen name, your real name, your size, and whether or not you want your screen name on the back, because it seems like a good idea. 

759NRNG
759NRNG UltraDork
8/9/19 8:01 a.m.

In reply to mazdeuce - Seth :

I'm down sending you an email......late

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UberDork
8/9/19 12:39 p.m.
EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/9/19 2:46 p.m.

In reply to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :

Do it!

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
8/9/19 3:49 p.m.

email sent.... 

mazdeuce - Seth
8/10/19 8:39 a.m.

Everyone who sent me emails about shirts should have received an email back. If you didn't, let me know. I'll put out more reminders as thing progress but I really appreciate getting all of this early. 

The_Jed
The_Jed PowerDork
8/10/19 10:15 a.m.

Does the annual Copart/(whatever car auction group) membership cost count against the budget?

I believe it should since competitor "A" might have a membership and have access to a plethora of budget cars and parts while competitor "B" does not have a membership and therefore reduced access to cars and parts. If there is no cost penalty to the budget, competitor "A" has an advantage. 

Just my thoughts on the matter, I'm definitely open to discussion about it with those here who are better than myself at writing, reading, and interpreting competition rules, i.e. everybody.

mazdeuce - Seth
8/10/19 10:45 a.m.

I don't "think" the membership does but individual auctuon fees do. 

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/10/19 11:04 a.m.

Id love a shirt but if I bring the rampage.......I doubt it's really a gastropod.

If I get the Caprice up and going it definitely is, but I'm busy at work, going to Australia for 3 weeks and Im building on an addition to my house

packrat
packrat New Reader
8/14/19 6:52 a.m.

E-mail sent.  Thank you.

stafford1500
stafford1500 GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/16/19 12:51 p.m.

email sent

this is going to be fun...

bluej
bluej GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/16/19 9:44 p.m.

Alrighty then. Red Betsy, my lil red '01 B2300 is now officially passed inspection after the 2.5 duratec swap, so that means Chris N. Scan drive it down for the challenge. It'll be a gastro-truck!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ PowerDork
8/19/19 11:11 a.m.

In reply to bluej :

Now we just have to figure out how much is getting done ahead of time, and when, and how, and... whatever, it's gonna be good!

bluej
bluej GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/19/19 11:16 a.m.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

In reply to bluej :

Now we just have to figure out how much is getting done ahead of time, and when, and how, and... whatever, it's gonna be good!

berkeley yeah it is. No baby yet (in tonight to start inducing), so I've got some time this afternoon. I've been plugging away at a few things, and will continue that email chain going. Spent a bit of time w/ the calendar looking at possible dc build gathering dates.

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy PowerDork
8/19/19 4:48 p.m.

email sent abouit T-shirt

Thanks in advance!

mazdeuce - Seth
9/3/19 1:32 p.m.

This is the final T-shirt design and color. Yes, it's burgundy. I haven't done a burgundy shirt before and my dresser is overflowing with grey and black. Time for some color. I also like how orange looks on burgundy. I have a few emails to send, but if you think you've asked me for a shirt and I haven't gotten back to you, please email me again. The Challenge is in 7-ish weeks according to my calendar and I'd like to have about a month to order the shirts and the other vinyl that I need and get them made. I'm trying very very hard to not be last minute. If you don't get in ahead of time, don't worry, I'll make a second batch after the Challenge. 

Some amazing messages coming in from the people that are bringing cars. I'm humbled to even be a part of this much less the guy who's freaking out because I have to get so much done. You guys are awesome. 

klodkrawler05
klodkrawler05 HalfDork
9/3/19 3:27 p.m.

That looks rad.

I also like car related shirts that are anything other than Black! crap.....7 weeks.....

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
9/3/19 5:33 p.m.

Man I really hate to come this year without bringing a car and Humphrey definitely won't be ready in time at this rate. I may have to come up with a plan quick...

mazdeuce - Seth
9/3/19 7:02 p.m.

In reply to Daylan C :

Coming is better than staying at home. Bringing a car is better than not bringing a car. Keep in mind that I've never actually brought a car, but I still come because the event is awesome and my friends are there. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ PowerDork
9/4/19 6:06 a.m.

In reply to Daylan C :

I usually go for the parking lot build- show up with nothing, leave with nothing.  It's great, you should do it, even if there isn't a parking lot build.

I'm bringing a truck that isn't mine, in an as yet undetermined state of functionality and modification, to run as a Gastropod- I might need help at the event if you don't just want to be a free agent.

1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 36

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TMGwr3AP9ahvzsen4ygweYKqxK4FKOgygr8VdmxHRAva3DCXgSSGvTCGM4jGNGPt