David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
9/27/19 9:40 a.m.
feature_image

No, it’s not a Civic Si, but for the 2019 model year Tonic Yellow can be found across the Civic Coupe model line. This top-of-the-line Touring EX came so blessed.

The EX trades some sport for comfort and luxuries: no limited-slip diff or manual gearbox but instead LED headlights, leather seating and satellite navigation. Like the Si, though, it wears …

Read the rest of the story

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Reader Services
9/27/19 9:55 a.m.

Any chance you know the paint code for Tonic Yellow? I want to repaint my Fit in that color so I can finally stop losing it in parking lots.

Dootz
Dootz Reader
9/27/19 10:20 a.m.

All I want is a 2.0L Civic w/ the 6-speed in EX trim, but noooo you gotta buy the lame LX base

David S. Wallens
9/27/19 10:20 a.m.
Colin Wood said:

Any chance you know the paint code for Tonic Yellow? I want to repaint my Fit in that color so I can finally stop losing it in parking lots.

Yes. Well, kinda. Just grab the code off our Si. smiley

By the way, these are all iPhone photos. The color totally popped in that California sunset. That was snapped somewhere up in Marin Headlands. About a second after I took it, we heard some kind of long howl. I said to my wife, That's our cue to get moving. 

Also, Nacimiento-Fergusson Road is pretty awesome. It dumped us out in an Army base, hence the tank photo. 

David S. Wallens
9/27/19 10:23 a.m.

Our first stop in California, by the way, was Z Car Garage, where we saw Mr. K's personal Z. 

accordionfolder
accordionfolder Dork
9/28/19 8:36 a.m.
David S. Wallens said:
Colin Wood said:

Yes. Well, kinda. Just grab the code off our Si. smiley

By the way, these are all iPhone photos. The color totally popped in that California sunset. That was snapped somewhere up in Marin Headlands. About a second after I took it, we heard some kind of long howl. I said to my wife, That's our cue to get moving. 

Also, Nacimiento-Fergusson Road is pretty awesome. It dumped us out in an Army base, hence the tank photo. 

It IS a cool road, but they can be weird about civilians driving through at the base side. We drove it on a lark when we were staying at Big Sur, and on the way out 4 separate MPs were running radar/mean mugging us. Apparently it occasionally shuts down completely for drills, etc.

Keep your eyes peeled, bald eagles nest along there as well.

CyberEric
CyberEric HalfDork
9/28/19 10:37 a.m.

The long howl was just a Coyote, no need to fret. :) I hear them all the time around here, and I usually see about 2 when I walk in the parks along the East Bay ridge. They don't, as far as I know, mess with humans. Although I did have one follow me once.

Lots of good roads in Marin to enjoy too, hope you have fun.

David S. Wallens
9/28/19 1:56 p.m.

In reply to accordionfolder :

Let's just say that we might have seen a sign that might have made us wonder if we were allowed to continue. Yet turning around heading back would have made a long drive even longer....

accordionfolder
accordionfolder Dork
9/28/19 3:17 p.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens :

You went through that super creepy gate (or was it beside)? We had no idea if we were allowed the whole time, it was the same for us - we didn't have time to run it back the other way as we were headed back to SF. It was a fun experience in hindsight! 

And a washed out picture of an eagle - he was really far away and this was before super good cell phone cameras.

David S. Wallens
9/28/19 4:28 p.m.

In reply to accordionfolder :

I have no idea what super-creepy gate you're talking about but, yeah, we kinda expected black SUVs. Eventually we saw a road with cars on it. Then we stopped to check out that tank.

For us, we headed south from Monterey and wanted to cut back and over. The next day we were headed to Hearst Castle but were going to be a tighter schedule, so this was our day to explore. Pretty drive. 

Sadly we didn't see any eagles. We found a lot of little flying bugs, though. 

David S. Wallens
9/28/19 4:32 p.m.
CyberEric said:

The long howl was just a Coyote, no need to fret. :) I hear them all the time around here, and I usually see about 2 when I walk in the parks along the East Bay ridge. They don't, as far as I know, mess with humans. Although I did have one follow me once.

Lots of good roads in Marin to enjoy too, hope you have fun.

Well, the howl still got our attention. I kinda pictured this:

Also, it was late and we still had to drive to Monterey. And I had already been up for about 20 hours on 3 hours of sleep. It was time to get moving. smiley

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JFcoIiyvqQ7hkKPsMrlDRrp7VeCGQR0y6EI7H3SsBpROrYmCAKtagE8sokdR0Ca1