Jordan Rimpela
Jordan Rimpela Digital Editor
6/20/19 9:26 a.m.
feature_image

This is not your father’s Passport. For starters, this Passport—revived for the 2019 model year—is, like most other SUVs, unibody. And while we don’t feel this detracts from the new Passport in any way, the big takeaway here is that the new Passport isn’t a rebadged Isuzu Rodeo.

It’s a curious name to bring back given its origins, but we’re …

Read the rest of the story

Kreb
Kreb GRM+ Memberand UberDork
6/20/19 11:55 a.m.

Sadly that's a lot of  money, but I'm a big fan. I've even heard of these doing well in Rallycross. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
6/20/19 12:44 p.m.

Based on the name, I thought this was going to be a review of a moped or scooter.

Jordan Rimpela
Jordan Rimpela Digital Editor
6/20/19 3:40 p.m.

In reply to T.J. :

Maybe it's because I work with someone with a strong hankering for Isuzus, but that thought never crossed my mind. Now that you mention it, though...

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/20/19 4:48 p.m.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise HalfDork
6/20/19 4:51 p.m.

As a long time Honda owner, I test drove this, before narrowing down to 4runner vs FJ vs GX. 

my b17 GSR or my 91 4WD Honda Wagovan had soul. To me the Passport didnt have that “pizzaz that I was searching for. 

Went with a 10,000 mile, FJ. Very happpy with it

irish44j
irish44j MegaDork
6/20/19 5:07 p.m.
Kreb said:

Sadly that's a lot of  money, but I'm a big fan. I've even heard of these doing well in Rallycross. 

I'd imagine they'd be terrible in rallycross just due to size. They are definitely not small. 

However, in stage rally, the Honda R&D Team Passport that ran at Ohio Forest Rally, almost totally stock (except revalved dampers and a 1" spring lift) finished in the top-10 (with a very good driver). It even still had the A/C and infotainment installed :)

Image result for honda rally passport ohio forest rally

Mezzanine
Mezzanine Dork
6/21/19 11:41 a.m.

I, too, came for new scooter/moped content. I leave, disappointed.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Z1DEFz3YvZIgRJRvWCDQjrzxRksyVWVkJAR6vBCWIhDJFyNta0dbtahIZjbhPEWK