David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
3/30/19 9:00 a.m.
feature_image

The Jeep Cherokee has been an SUV stalwart since before we knew what those three letters really meant. Back then, it was just the default SUV.
Fast-forward all those decades and all those new competitors, and the Cherokee is still with us. Sure, it’s grown and changed with the times, but the lineage is still there. And for 2019, the …

Read the rest of the story

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/3/19 9:00 a.m.

While $40K sounds like a lot for a Cherokee at first blush, the Grand Cherokee-sized SUVs start about there for base models, so it fits nicely in the size/price tier. I'm betting a maxed out Renegade hits $30k

Nugi
Nugi Reader
4/3/19 9:08 a.m.

Its a bit, dare i say, early 2000s subaru outback on steroids looking, but in a good way. Happy to see the pointless plastic aggression endemic to modern cars toned down on an suv. 

Agreed the pricing is reasonable, but the 2.4l comment was out of line. And I am not an FCA fan. Nice write up although as a certified internet bench racer, I want my weight figures next to HP so I dont have to google, or even read the whole article before commenting on how my lifted miata is superior in every way (except torque.)

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
lbuPerstJrGX9OJRVJU36vcOIMe9pSoxmjHPLIxUrUCr8eIxqseQIxaRGlnk2CKd