Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
9/2/20 3:33 p.m.
feature_image

If you get into a CT4 V-Series expecting the V8 burble of old, you might be disappointed. The CT4 V-Series comes with a turbocharged four-cylinder.

But power output from that 2.7-liter mill is rated at 325 horsepower and 380 lb.-ft. of torque (15 more horsepower and 30 more torques than the Premium Luxury trim) that can be sent to the rear wheels or …

Read the rest of the story

Shaun
Shaun Dork
9/15/20 10:47 p.m.

I like it!!   Im curious about the big 4 banger...  It makes scene to me that Cadillac back track a little to analogue interfaces for their old retro grouch demographic which of course benefits young retro grouches and nearly all humans generally. 

dxman92
dxman92 Dork
9/15/20 10:49 p.m.

I've seen these on the street and they aren't half bad looking. Better than the Caddy SUV that looks like an XC90 ripoff. 

STM317
STM317 UberDork
9/16/20 7:00 a.m.

Is there a higher spec "V" model coming? 

This car replaced the ATS, and an ATS-V had 464hp/445ft-lbs, was a couple hundred lbs lighter, could be had with a manual trans, and didn't have Cadillac's version of a "Bangle butt" 7 series rear end. If this is the best it's going to get, it seems like downgrades across the board from its predecessor.

Also, if you're going to design a car where there's  only 12" from the base of the rear glass to the trailing edge of the deck lid, it really should be a "lift back" hatch instead of a traditional trunk. What's pictured seems like it would be super difficult to load/unload anything if it's a trunk (as it appears to be).

xflowgolf (Forum Supporter)
xflowgolf (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
9/16/20 8:55 a.m.
STM317 said:

This car replaced the ATS, and an ATS-V had 464hp/445ft-lbs, was a couple hundred lbs lighter, could be had with a manual trans, and didn't have Cadillac's version of a "Bangle butt" 7 series rear end. If this is the best it's going to get, it seems like downgrades across the board from its predecessor.

Also, if you're going to design a car where there's  only 12" from the base of the rear glass to the trailing edge of the deck lid, it really should be a "lift back" hatch instead of a traditional trunk. What's pictured seems like it would be super difficult to load/unload anything if it's a trunk (as it appears to be).

Yup that still bothers me.  The higher spec hot rod "V" model will be rebranded to "Blackwing".  The Blackwing is also a new engine... which they have discontinued... and won't be used in Blackwing models. 

So now they've not only ruined the pedigree of "V" that they had spent three model generations building, they've named their top spec model after a new branding of an engine name they won't use in the car and already axed.  #foreheadslap

It seems like a solid car overall in and of itself, but calling it anything other than a V-sport is just cringe-worthy.  

Duke
Duke MegaDork
9/16/20 12:00 p.m.

In reply to xflowgolf (Forum Supporter) :

That all sounds like typical GM behavior.

So, to complete the profile, as soon as they get all the bugs worked out of this car, they will cancel it?

Placemotorsports
Placemotorsports GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/16/20 12:16 p.m.

Hopefully they don't play out the "V" the way BMW has branded the "M" on every model car although they aren't really "M" cars.

xflowgolf (Forum Supporter)
xflowgolf (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
9/16/20 12:53 p.m.
Placemotorsports said:

Hopefully they don't play out the "V" the way BMW has branded the "M" on every model car although they aren't really "M" cars.

too late

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt PowerDork
9/16/20 4:00 p.m.

Cadillac's calling everything a CT-something is also pretty weird branding. The ETC was the Eldorado Touring Coupe, the STS was the Seville Touring Sedan, and so on. There were two Cadillacs with C model names prior to the the name realignment - the Cimarron and Cattera. So, are we dealing with nostalgia for "Best of all, it's a Cadillac" or "The Caddy that Zigs" here?

GCrites80s
GCrites80s HalfDork
10/6/20 12:50 p.m.
STM317 said:

Some variation on Bangle Butt is forced on modern cars by rear end crash regulations instituted because there are so many trucks and SUVs on the roads now.

STM317
STM317 UberDork
10/6/20 1:35 p.m.

In reply to GCrites80s :

I loves me an integrated, duck tail spoiler. But the different surfaces that I've highlighted don't mesh in anyway. The bumper cover has sharply carved indents, while the trunk lid has a rounded, contoured edge that makes the whole panel protrude away from the body and appear as if it's molded play-doh, or a cap that's been placed over the actual trunk lid. The shape of the opening could probably be better too. As is, the smooth curves don't really fit the rest of the more angular and upright styling of the rest of the car. Giving it a more squared look would probably make it fit the rest of the design better while also making it more functional.

I thought it might just be the angle of that car, or the color or something so I went sleuthing and it's just as awkward in every other color/angle that I've seen:

Maybe it's because this car is based on the ATS, so they had certain hard points they couldn't modify like they otherwise would've, and so they tried to visually separate this car from it's predecessor, but it's not working for me. I think the ATS was a more cohesive design:

GCrites80s
GCrites80s HalfDork
10/6/20 1:51 p.m.

I see what you mean; it's like it has an '80s NASCAR mustache.

klipless (Forum Supporter)
klipless (Forum Supporter) Reader
10/6/20 1:53 p.m.

I don't think your car was AWD, just RWD.

GCrites80s
GCrites80s HalfDork
10/6/20 1:56 p.m.

Or it kinda pops up like when a trunk was called a "turtle".

klipless (Forum Supporter)
klipless (Forum Supporter) Reader
10/6/20 2:08 p.m.

In reply to klipless (Forum Supporter) :

Never mind, I realized that the pics of the gray car are probably just press photos. If it was AWD, then it didn't have MagnaRide. That only comes on the RWD variant. 

MotorsportsGordon
MotorsportsGordon HalfDork
10/6/20 11:38 p.m.
STM317 said:

This car replaces the ats v  sport. Sounds like the blackbird will be a v6 turbo like the ats v was.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
nk3iti54SXXZsT7RTD2lN8mveLlgr9WUBvFiw0FXm3CV3I1eqAAURtq3mGxjVDzp