8/15/19 8:26 a.m.

The important stuff:

Z51 package is $5k

Mag-ride is $1900

Sport seats are $2k

Unimportant but interesting stuff:

Chrome badges are $100

Non-recommended color combination requires a $590 upcharge

The removable roof section is offered in body color, bare carbon, or transparent and there's something called a dual roof option for the carbon and body color roofs.

nderwater
nderwater UltimaDork
8/15/19 11:22 a.m.

Looks like the options list is priced pretty close to what those options cost for the C7.  This is bound to be great news to the customers already on the wait list.

ebelements
ebelements New Reader
8/15/19 11:43 a.m.

Kind of bummed that the trick nose-lift feature is only on the 2LT and up trims.

My goal is to score one of the $5 shy of sixty large C8s next fall. I find it hard to believe that it would be a massive difference than a car with the Z51 package.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UberDork
8/15/19 11:57 a.m.

Man that 1LT package with the Z51 package is calling my name. I assume white and red is not a non recommended color. devil

I really like the convertible though. 

Mike
Mike GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/15/19 12:44 p.m.

Zeus Bronze is $0!

_
_ HalfDork
8/15/19 4:48 p.m.

Wait, close to 500 hp, mid engine, a fantastic engine for making even more power, essentially all the makings of a Ferrari, without all of the negatives that come associated with owning a Ferrari, and it’s a fourth of the price of a Ferrari. I’m sold. 

Schmidlap
Schmidlap HalfDork
8/15/19 7:36 p.m.

For the Canadians reading this thread, Chevy Canada has pricing up: the coupe starts at $65k (about $48k USD), convertible at $70k. Z51 is a $6000 option.

Canadian configurator

Ransom
Ransom GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/15/19 7:50 p.m.

I noticed a thing when I read this thread. While I still don't think I'll ever buy one, there was some kernel of interest there beyond what gets sparked by a lot of other new shiny things. It's kinda compelling.

As if anyone was wondering how my impressions had changed since the "we're about to hear about the Corvette" and "we just heard about the Corvette" threads. But I do wonder whether it's the same for other folks, and whether that'll turn into more Corvettes.

ztnedman1
ztnedman1 New Reader
8/16/19 2:14 p.m.

In reply to Schmidlap :

So what is the process of importing Canadian cars? Lol

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
8/16/19 2:21 p.m.
_ said:

Wait, close to 500 hp, mid engine, a fantastic engine for making even more power, essentially all the makings of a Ferrari, without all of the negatives that come associated with owning a Ferrari, and it’s a fourth of the price of a Ferrari. I’m sold. 

I own a mid engined Ferrari and still want one of these to park in the garage with it.  I think GM knocked this one out of the park.  Lots of guys I know with exotics have already placed orders.

D2W
D2W HalfDork
8/17/19 9:37 a.m.

I don't need a 60K dollar toy right now, but the want is so strong.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
8/17/19 10:25 a.m.

Another popular comment: body color trim is $995. 

I noticed the combination I'd want (blue with tan leather interior) requires starting with a 2LT base car, which starts at $67,995.  So after a few options it would probably be a $75K car (at least). frown  ...still... not a bad deal for what you're getting.

Cloud9...68
Cloud9...68 New Reader
8/17/19 12:47 p.m.

With this car now a reality, why would anyone buy a:

- Supra

- Any Lamborghini

- Any McLaren

- NSX

- Pretty much any Ferrari

- Ford GT

- Mercedes GT

We'll see what the road tests reveal, but on paper, GM seems to have a game changer on its hands.  Nice to see this kind of engineering prowess demonstrated by an American company.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
8/18/19 9:39 a.m.

In reply to Cloud9...68 :

Because most of those offer a level of exclusivity a Corvette will not, regardless of the performance numbers. 

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/18/19 10:58 a.m.

In reply to Ian F :

You'll get that when nobody buys them...

Cloud9...68
Cloud9...68 New Reader
8/18/19 11:59 a.m.

In reply to Ian F :

In other words, the "More money than brains" crowd...

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
8/18/19 12:05 p.m.
Cloud9...68 said:

In reply to Ian F :

In other words, the "More money than brains" crowd...

It’s a shame when people can’t enjoy a variety of sports cars,  high end or otherwise, without being labeled.  The cars you listed offer very different experiences.  I couldn’t just pick one from that list and say, “this is the one,  I don’t need another sports car”.  Driving some of them back to back can be a real eye opener.

Cloud9...68
Cloud9...68 New Reader
8/18/19 1:58 p.m.

I agree, and I didn't mean to disrespect the excellent cars on my list.  I'm just pointing out that the new Corvette is an incredible value in a state-of-the-art package that, from initial impressions at least, seems to lack nothing.  How people spend their money is their business, but I suspect a lot of people of ample means will be taking a look at the new Corvette as a viable alternative to some much more expensive cars they may have been considering. 

I regret my "more money than brains" comment - again, no disrespect whatsoever to people who have the means to buy any car they desire.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UberDork
8/18/19 2:14 p.m.

They'll all lead to the removal of underwear.  Some more than others. But the Corvette will suffice in that regard. angel

But yeah.  Great looking car.  Phenomenal performance.  I just wish I could find a kit car company making something mid-engined that I could shove a Versa engine into for $10-15k all finished that I could have fun with.  Just engineer it let me source and build it. I miss the UK kit-car scene despite how ugly some of the cars were.  smiley

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
8/18/19 7:12 p.m.
Cloud9...68 said:

With this car now a reality, why would anyone buy a:

- Supra

Do you honesty think Paris Hilton could care less about the power to weight ratio, redline, skid pad results or performance per dollar of the Lexus LFA she owns (probably owned by now, I am sure she has moved on to something else "hot").

Hell, the vast majority of Corvette owners would get the same use out of the car if they swapped the Corvette body onto a Corolla.

Cloud9...68
Cloud9...68 New Reader
8/18/19 7:38 p.m.

True, but I'm not sure Paris Hiltony not a Supra, lol  (or any of the Kardashian sisters) would be in the market for many of the cars the new Corvette will compete with in terms of high end sports car performance value for the dollar.  Definitely not a Supra, lol - way too low-rent.

Mike
Mike GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/19/19 2:02 p.m.

Just got a call back from the Corvette Concierge. Apparently, there is no combination of options to make the C8 vegan. 

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
8/19/19 2:41 p.m.

I don't know. I still kind of want a Supra over 'Vette if I was actually going to put my own money down. 

But that's not really a fair comparison. A Supra is $55k......assuming you buy the higher spec version, add another $2k if you want the driver assistance package. 

A 2LT Vette, plus a minimum of Z51, exhaust, FE4 package is another $20k over the price of the Supra. And at approaching $80k, I'm not sure I wouldn't rather have a loaded Cayman S or no-option Cayman GTS. 

white_fly
white_fly HalfDork
8/19/19 8:53 p.m.

I was pleased to see the price of both the Z51 package and the magnetic shocks. I really, REALLY need to drive one of these cars. I'm thinking: buy the aforementioned options with the color combo I think will depreciate least, wrap it in the actual color I want, swap in the seats I actually want, fit the smallest diameter wheels possible and drive it all the time, everywhere.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
NHGST7wqaJPqZlNJCoLa3aCd6skTZjGiQpIpsw9FnjhBveGk2iUZhwJoCvk7hWkD