_
_ Dork
2/19/20 1:39 p.m.

saw one in traffic. Did a double take. It's not awful. And I'm digging the ground effects. Much Gundam. Such Wow. 

Vigo
Vigo MegaDork
2/19/20 1:59 p.m.

I'm a pretty big fan of the new design. About the only thing i don't like is it actually feels smaller than the old one. Which is, you know, fine sometimes, like in a sports car or something that gives you back something for being small. This is just a little on the small side for what people only buy as a practical vehicle.  But i love the looks. Compare that to the civic which only gets bigger and bigger and while i love the functionality and performance of the current Civic, I think it's pretty close to the ugliest Civic ever.  

Kylini
Kylini Dork
2/19/20 2:05 p.m.

I just wanted to let you know your title is gold.

Tyler H
Tyler H GRM+ Memberand UberDork
2/19/20 2:37 p.m.

Agree -- I saw one in traffic the other day and did a double-take.  Then I smiled at the fact that I just got neck-whipped by a Corolla.  Good job, Toyota.  

CyberEric
CyberEric HalfDork
2/19/20 2:48 p.m.

Yeah the sedan looks good especially in SE and XSE guise. 

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 UberDork
2/19/20 3:01 p.m.
Vigo said:

I'm a pretty big fan of the new design. About the only thing i don't like is it actually feels smaller than the old one. Which is, you know, fine sometimes, like in a sports car or something that gives you back something for being small. This is just a little on the small side for what people only buy as a practical vehicle.  But i love the looks. Compare that to the civic which only gets bigger and bigger and while i love the functionality and performance of the current Civic, I think it's pretty close to the ugliest Civic ever.  

Man you hit the nail on the head. The 10G Civic is fugly and that's putting it nicely. The belt line is high, to front end has too much going on, it's as big as an 8th gen Accord, and still sells like hotcakes (present company included)

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
2/19/20 3:04 p.m.

It'd be nice to see them give this a real TRD treatment. Slap in the V6, fatter wheels/tires, slightly "sportier" suspension, etc. 

It's a pretty attractive little car. 

_
_ Dork
2/19/20 3:17 p.m.

The grill is the biggest shocker. It's not "ten miles wide and four feet high"

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
2/19/20 3:40 p.m.

Apparently they use an electric water pump and no thermostat, and when its thirty below, there is enough thermal syphon that they make no heat inside.  You Florida guys should probably worry about that.

_
_ Dork
2/19/20 4:56 p.m.

In reply to Streetwiseguy :

That's pretty wild, I had no idea about that.

barefootskater
barefootskater SuperDork
2/19/20 4:58 p.m.

As a big non-Toyota guy, I gotta say I like the new rolla a lot. And the Avalon. And the 86.... I'd just as soon burn the rest though. 

CyberEric
CyberEric HalfDork
2/19/20 5:56 p.m.

I love how they put a real single twin tip exhaust in the SE sedan. So rare in modern cars were every 4 cylinder has dual exhaust with a bunch of fake outlets, like on the hatch version of this very car. 

I hope they sell more of these than the Civic just so we don’t have to look at as many of that horrendous looking car for 3 decades.

ChrisLS8
ChrisLS8 New Reader
2/19/20 6:02 p.m.

I actually really like the new camrys

Dave M
Dave M HalfDork
2/19/20 6:05 p.m.

Grounded to the ground! Not bad.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
2/19/20 6:06 p.m.

The im hatch has my attention. Toyota hasn't made a proper wagon in the us since 1997. The im is close enough to get a pass. 

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 UberDork
2/19/20 6:10 p.m.
Mndsm said:

The im hatch has my attention. Toyota hasn't made a proper wagon in the us since 1997. The im is close enough to get a pass. 

How dare you shame the Matrix/Vibe like that!

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
2/19/20 7:56 p.m.

The fact that you can still buy a Corolla sedan with a manual makes me happy. I don't know if I want one, but I want to know if I want to want one. 

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/19/20 8:01 p.m.
DirtyBird222 said:
Mndsm said:

True story.

My friend and I are driving around town in my 85 RX-7.  We're at a traffic light and there is a truck next to us, we can't even see its windows it is so tall, and we idly are wondering just what it is because it doesn't really resemble anything we're familiar with.  So we hang back after the light turns green.

Toyota Matrix.

It's not a wagon, it's a minivan, and if you try to pull the old "minivans have sliding doors" argument on me I will point out the Honda Odyssey.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise Dork
2/19/20 8:41 p.m.

Hate the sedan. Looks like rental special 

love the hatch in bright blue, 6MT. 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise Dork
2/19/20 8:43 p.m.
Mndsm said:

We have both a 95 7 seater camry wagon (dual rear wiper), 86 Cressida wagon (dual rear wiper), is300 sport cross 2004. 

we sold our all trac wagon . Great car . Underpowered 

matrix was terrible low quality. Might as well be a Pontiac .... oh wait 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
2/19/20 8:45 p.m.
DirtyBird222 said:
Mndsm said:

I honestly, and completely forgot about those cars. I shall say three hail toyopets and polish the Corollas lug nuts as pennance 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
2/19/20 8:47 p.m.
mr2s2000elise said:
Mndsm said:

We have both a 95 7 seater camry wagon (dual rear wiper), 86 Cressida wagon (dual rear wiper), is300 sport cross 2004. 

we sold our all trac wagon . Great car . Underpowered 

matrix was terrible low quality. Might as well be a Pontiac .... oh wait 

Both the Cressida and the ubercamry are on my short list, though both are RAPIDLY approaching unobtainable status around me. Stance kids got wise. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
HN7NFxDsDhz27ADv8v4xP7NTaAF4ONe2HuOiebGPO7tQCZRlCcgkEwvl36nqCFxv