Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
2/19/20 10:33 a.m.
feature_image

2020 has brought a new decade and new Sonata. The importance of these two events may not be on the same scale, but the point remains. For this year, Hyundai has rolled out a whole new Sonata for the masses, with a version for every budget or taste. We had the chance to drive the top-tier Limited, powered by a …

Read the rest of the story

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
2/19/20 10:43 a.m.

That looks like an even uglier version of that Mercedes sedan that was all smushed like that. 

Serious underbite. Or maybe the angle just makes it look that way.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UltimaDork
2/19/20 10:47 a.m.

Yikes that is not attractive. 

The steering wheel offends me.

I hope they fixed the volume button functionality on the wheel.

The overall dash layout looks really clean and simple and I like that, although I'm not a fan of LCD clusters (yet).

$33k?!

Sonic
Sonic UltraDork
2/19/20 10:54 a.m.

It is even more horribly hideous in person, especially in dark colors with the chrome and LED strip that runs across the hood from the headlights to the doors.   So many divergent angles and odd shapes, none of it works together at all.  

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/19/20 11:08 a.m.

So there's a highly entertaining Facebook group called "Unnecessary automobile nose swaps." It's full of cars with the wrong nose photoshopped on.

I seriously thought the lead picture in this article was one of them.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
2/19/20 11:13 a.m.

It's notably an uglier car than my wife's 2012 Sonata Limited, which was powered by an impressive 2.0T GDI engine.  It was a compelling package then too, but far too many issues (transmission and electrical) resulted in far too many trips to the dealer on a rollback and a brief and unpleasant ownership experience.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Nh0plzrGtkBZT0m7D0qIqNpsHW44ka8fofjdPfPm17giS6rOTlva36CDh9m4GmX7