Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
3/24/21 11:09 a.m.
feature_image

For 2021, Acura completely resigned the TLX using a dedicated platform and offering new engine options.

Until the Type S comes out, all TLXs come equipped with a 2.0-liter, turbocharged K20 four-cylinder engine rated at 272 horsepower and 280 lb.-ft. of torque and backed by a 10-speed automatic transmission. (The Type S will make do with a 3.0-liter, twin-turbocharged V6.) Regardless of which …

Read the rest of the story

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
3/24/21 11:16 a.m.

I've heard similar reviews that there is at least one part of the equation that's holding the car back from being a true competitor in its class. Hopefully, the more powerful Type S solves that problem.

spacecadet (Forum Supporter)
spacecadet (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/24/21 12:34 p.m.

Well, since we know we have the Type S coming.. I'd say this review is pretty encouraging.

Makes me that much more excited for the Type S.

rothwem
rothwem Reader
3/24/21 1:36 p.m.

Its weird, this driveline feels downright quick in an RDX.  I wonder if there's some torque limited funny business going on, or perhaps an odd transmission calibration?  Or I guess as you mention, the chassis is just so good that it makes the rest of the car feel slow.  

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
3/24/21 2:05 p.m.

Interesting... I still have fond memories of my track day with the last generation TLX:

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/new-cars/2018-acura-tlx-v6-spec/

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/24/21 3:13 p.m.

I wonder if this has the torque vectoring rear diff unit. 

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/24/21 5:31 p.m.

I work at an Acura dealer.

HEY HONDA!  Put this "all TLXs come equipped with a 2.0-liter, turbocharged K20 four-cylinder engine rated at 272 horsepower and 280 lb.-ft. of torque" into an ILX please.

Nuff' said.

GCrites80s
GCrites80s HalfDork
3/24/21 8:11 p.m.

^That would be cool. With the ILX, when Civic goes to 11th Gen have you heard if ILX will also go to 11th Gen, stay at 9th Gen or go to 10th Gen for some reason?

Dootz
Dootz Reader
3/24/21 10:00 p.m.

In reply to GCrites80s :

It would be immense sabotage to not have the ILX go straight to the 11th gen platform, but sadly I expect it to be moved to the 10th gen (or just be cancelled altogether in favor of bringing in the CDX)

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
IKkjXUv2C8B9u3lBFzLddM6Olo5FgxPRHenpmf2PKtynR2qOrQraOSfrw9OQSGj3