Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
8/3/21 3:49 p.m.
feature_image

Sitting on the same platform that underpins the XC90–as well as the now discontinued V90–the S90 can also be had with a 400 horsepower, 472 lb.-ft. of torque plug-in-hybrid powerplant hooked to an all-wheel-drive setup.

In the S90, though, that engine only has to move 4673 lbs., 472 lbs. less than the XC90.

Does that lower weight–combined with a lower-slung …

Read the rest of the story

Shaun
Shaun Dork
8/4/21 8:29 p.m.

It was 4-5 years a go now, but the last time I was at an auto show Volvo had the most comfortable and attractive interiors by a substantial degree.  Photos don't do the happy warm luxo vibe justice.    Other brands are catching up (If you think Volvo was ever ahead...) in the world of interior design, with Kia to my eye riffing very successfully on both Volvos interior and exterior design much to Kias benefit.  Tesla nabbed Volvos interior design leader a couple three years back-  lots room for improvement there....  Yeah, I like it.  Volvo has always been about design to me and very distinct from the German companies. 

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
8/4/21 8:39 p.m.

In reply to Shaun :

The infotainment system takes a little getting used to, but yeah, everything looks and feels nice and just so...Swedish.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/4/21 9:38 p.m.

only has to move 4673 lbs

It hurts me that this sentence exists.

My first car was a Ford mid-fullsize from the 70s Bigger Is Better era and it only weighed 100lb more than that.  We should have improved in the last 50 years, not backslid.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Yrpu33tboAvnl6RimTkO28pVg8EPVjaGbeAloZSmlJZ6CUMeDRkoHYmpIMf2GlUz