Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
10/14/21 3:03 p.m.
feature_image

If it’s worth doing, it’s worth doing for as little time and money as possible–at least that seems to be the mantra when it comes to the 24 Hours of Lemons.

[Running the 24 Hours of Lemons with as little time and effort as possible]

Announcing its “17th season of poorly prepared teams campaigning $500 cars in discouragingly long …

Read the rest of the story

captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/14/21 3:13 p.m.

I'm hoping that Lemons South Spring ends up at VIR, I'd hate to see a year without Summit Point or VIR happen. 

Sonic
Sonic UberDork
10/14/21 3:24 p.m.

No chance of VIR, they for some reason have been anti Lemons forever.   Summit point is also highly unlikely, we used to go there but the deer hits and difficult track management ended that. 

m4ff3w
m4ff3w GRM+ Memberand UberDork
10/14/21 3:34 p.m.

Wait.. What is that car, that's what I want to know.

Triumph TR7/TR8 front end with a 348-ish back end.

Inquiring minds what to know.

buzzboy
buzzboy Dork
10/14/21 4:23 p.m.

I have been racing at CMP twice a year for my 8 year lemons career. I am sad to see it missing, but understand why. Sucks that I no longer have a local track. I think ATL or NJMP is now my closest and ATL is a hard time of year for me. Poop. That or I'll be doing more Lucky Dog and I'm not against that either, but our cars are more competitive in Lemons.

m4ff3w
m4ff3w GRM+ Memberand UberDork
10/15/21 8:47 a.m.
m4ff3w said:

Wait.. What is that car, that's what I want to know.

Triumph TR7/TR8 front end with a 348-ish back end.

Inquiring minds what to know.

The car is a Nissan 200SX with a Triumph TR7 front end and some homemade flying buttresses.

kevinatfms
kevinatfms GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/19/21 8:54 a.m.
Sonic said:

No chance of VIR, they for some reason have been anti Lemons forever.   Summit point is also highly unlikely, we used to go there but the deer hits and difficult track management ended that. 

Summit Point is under new management. They are doing everything that they can to stuff the park with events. Wonder if LeMons would be up for trying it again?

Kreb (Forum Supporter)
Kreb (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/19/21 9:07 a.m.

My cousin is moving too slowly on our project Starlet. I'm thinking of stealing it and finishing the thing up at my house. Very much looking forward to the coming season!

Toyman01 + Sized and
Toyman01 + Sized and GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/19/21 12:40 p.m.

Yeah, too bad about CMP. I ran the first event there and made it to at least one a year for 10 years. Sad to see it go. That will probably end my Lemons career. I have zero interest in driving 8+ hours to drive 4+ hours and then turn around and drive another 8+ hours home. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
A3X3jm9JObK8EwFBcVmmaIXray2dHE7qrrLfw7PFedWvUMhA8OMGD9JoyRUmd0cX