The Staff of Motorsport Marketing
The Staff of Motorsport Marketing Writer
1/12/23 11:59 a.m.

Welcome to Daytona, home of GRM and the first stop on the IMSA calendar.

What’s going on during the 2023 Rolex 24 At Daytona weekend? Here are the main events.

Read the rest of the story

wae
wae PowerDork
1/18/23 10:58 a.m.

Is there any access to the track to watch the Wednesday practice sessions?

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
1/18/23 11:03 a.m.

In reply to wae :

The Daytona Speedway site only lists ticket admission for Thursday through Sunday.

I have to head that way today, so let me see if I can find out about Wednesday access. 

wae
wae PowerDork
1/18/23 11:29 a.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens :

Cool, thanks!

David S. Wallens
1/18/23 1:12 p.m.

In reply to wae :

As I feared, the IMSA credential office didn't have an answer for your question. 

I'd say call the Speedway ticket office. (Or just show up Wednesday and see what happens.)

wae
wae PowerDork
1/18/23 1:14 p.m.

Thanks for checking.  My sales rep has emailed me twice to "make sure I have everything I need" (?) so maybe I'll take him up on that offer....

David S. Wallens
1/18/23 1:52 p.m.

Take 'em up. 

I know the question of Wednesday admission has come up before and, to be honest, I can't remember the answer. 

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 PowerDork
1/18/23 2:10 p.m.

For as long as I've been going, Thursday has always been the first day of admission for non-IMSA or journo folks. 

Andy Hollis
Andy Hollis
1/19/23 7:45 a.m.

Technically, you cannot get in with a ticket on Wednesday, nor can you occupy an RV site.

But...I've had great success "dropping off this project car I'm towing behind me"

:)

David S. Wallens
1/26/23 9:38 a.m.

So, everyone ready for the weekend? 

fusion66
fusion66 Reader
1/26/23 10:02 a.m.

Flying down with my 15 year old nephew Saturday morning. My second time to the race (last year was my first) and looking forward to this years weather forecast coming from the snowy mid-west. 

I had committed to taking him to COTA for F1 but after seeing GA tickets were $475 decided this was a much more practical option. Looking forward to sharing the event with him

David S. Wallens
1/26/23 10:05 a.m.

In reply to fusion66 :

Rock on and we'll see you both this weekend.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
z4ennW2F5gxRzYx3y1fgoEBV4qi9pOEQGjeAUoWQOVJ1pcFaWwHYQsseR1mg0iZo