Lancer007
Lancer007 HalfDork
6/7/14 8:36 a.m.

Audi welcomes Porsche back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3u_14CXSDg

Anyone have any traditions for the race aside from being completely useless and trying to stay up for 24 hours straight?

fasted58
fasted58 PowerDork
6/7/14 8:52 a.m.

cool

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/7/14 8:54 a.m.

Nice... But I was expecting for the car to leave Audi "donuts" in front of the Porsche HQ...

Maroon92
Maroon92 MegaDork
6/7/14 9:54 a.m.

Um... Porsche is coming back this year, not next year.

I can't wait, it's going to be one heck of a race!

Lancer007
Lancer007 HalfDork
6/7/14 10:03 a.m.
Maroon92 wrote: Um... Porsche is coming back this year, not next year. I can't wait, it's going to be one heck of a race!

Wow, I totally fat fingered the topic title There. I meant to put 2014. Perhaps a mod can change it so I don't look like more of an idiot than I have already.

wbjones
wbjones UltimaDork
6/7/14 10:10 a.m.

there you go ….

didn't know I could do that …

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
6/7/14 11:21 a.m.

I love that the audi blows by a porsche tractor.

whenry
whenry New Reader
6/7/14 5:23 p.m.

What sort of coverage are we going to get? No Speed so Fox or Velocity?

oldsaw
oldsaw PowerDork
6/7/14 5:29 p.m.
whenry wrote: What sort of coverage are we going to get? No Speed so Fox or Velocity?

Fox claims entire event coverage but its' spread between FS1, FS2 and FSGo. That's a mixed bag if you don't have all three; few people do. http://sportscar365.com/lemans/lemans24/fox-sports-to-provide-flag-to-flag-le-mans-coverage/

Try checking justintv.com as another source feed. I'm hoping others will offer more alternatives.

wbjones
wbjones UltimaDork
6/7/14 6:07 p.m.

I have access to FS1 and FS2, but I've never even heard of FSGo

Lancer007
Lancer007 HalfDork
6/7/14 7:15 p.m.

I get fox sports 1 in standard and hd feeds. Fox sports 2 is on my guide but its not part of my cable package and its only in standard feed. Then there's fox sports go. I need to find a way to hook my laptop up to my tv.

I berkeleying hate the way Fox handles Le Man's coverage....

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/7/14 7:31 p.m.

I loved the Audi video, a classy riposte to Porsche's "our return" advertising.

In the past, Audi has had some good streaming video, including real-time unedited in-car and pit cameras that you can just plug into.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/7/14 7:36 p.m.

Oooh, $11 for full uninterrupted streaming. That seems reasonable enough.

http://jalopnik.com/24-hours-of-le-mans-app-will-finally-stream-the-entire-1583292174

whenry
whenry New Reader
6/7/14 9:51 p.m.

Well, at least there is a chance of seeing most of the race. FS1 and FS2 are part of my HD package; no idea what FSgo is or where to find it. Maybe the pay package is the way to go, thanks Keith

Lancer007
Lancer007 HalfDork
6/7/14 10:08 p.m.

In reply to whenry:

Its an app you can download and I think it works like hbo go where you log in with your cable account info.

Billy_Bottle_Caps
Billy_Bottle_Caps Dork
6/9/14 9:30 a.m.
Keith Tanner wrote: Oooh, $11 for full uninterrupted streaming. That seems reasonable enough. http://jalopnik.com/24-hours-of-le-mans-app-will-finally-stream-the-entire-1583292174

Thanks for that Keith going to get that

Yani
Yani Reader
6/9/14 10:59 a.m.

Justin TV is unreliable and the feeds eventually get removed. I typically find a Motors TV feed on wiziwig. It's usually in any language except english, but it's an HD feed with sweet commercials like lorry racing akin to euro redneck nascar.

Maroon92
Maroon92 MegaDork
6/9/14 12:14 p.m.

I won't get ANY TV coverage of the race. I have to go do a dumb race that weekend. Coincidentally also in central France. It's at a place called La Sarthe. How dumb is that?

Mazda787b
Mazda787b Reader
6/9/14 12:24 p.m.

Be careful, I heard they will be closing some roads in that area?

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
6/9/14 1:06 p.m.

I'll catch all the coverage that FS1 offers here. It seems like it will be no different than Speed's handling of the race.

As usual, I'll be cheering on anyone other than Audi in LMP1.

Maroon92
Maroon92 MegaDork
6/9/14 2:54 p.m.
Mazda787b wrote: Be careful, I heard they will be closing some roads in that area?

+1000 I needed a good laugh.

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/10/14 10:08 a.m.
Maroon92 wrote: I won't get ANY TV coverage of the race. I have to go do a dumb race that weekend. Coincidentally also in central France. It's at a place called La Sarthe. How dumb is that?

I both love and hate you at the same time. You also both suck and rock at the same time. So does that mean you both exist and do not exist?

I look forward and dread hearing and seeing posts of your experiences there.

Maroon92
Maroon92 MegaDork
6/17/14 12:57 p.m.
turboswede wrote:
Maroon92 wrote: I won't get ANY TV coverage of the race. I have to go do a dumb race that weekend. Coincidentally also in central France. It's at a place called La Sarthe. How dumb is that?
I both love and hate you at the same time. You also both suck and rock at the same time. So does that mean you both exist and do not exist? I look forward and dread hearing and seeing posts of your experiences there.

Well, it's Tuesday, and I'm back at work...

Here are some photos.

Here is a race recap in the context of the cars I cared about.

Later this week, I'll have a run down of my experience at the track, and maybe a "10 things we learned at Le Mans" post.

It was, by far, the best race weekend I've ever been to, and a bucket-list item checked off, for sure.

The track is just fantastic, the people, the cars, the sounds, the sights, everything is just bonkers.

I might have died from stimulus overload. It's possible that I no longer exist...

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
OGDpsvSFCqRzdbHYWQfusAQhTk7HrCMogF9hOQaPy57cvRMrzbi59BLw5Y7pgst9