1 2 3 4
06HHR (Forum Supporter)
06HHR (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
6/12/24 8:31 a.m.

All practice and qualifying sessions streaming on Max. FP1 is live now (Eurosport coverage)

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 PowerDork
6/12/24 8:36 a.m.

It's wild to not see Corvette racing team there for the first time in how man years?

 

Hoppps
Hoppps Reader
6/12/24 8:47 a.m.

Time to sign up for a free 7-day trial!

Sonic
Sonic UberDork
6/12/24 8:49 a.m.

Our flight leaves tonight, we will be there tomorrow afternoon.  

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
6/12/24 9:16 a.m.

Tuned in on Max just in time to see Ben Keating miss a tire wall by about two feet. Go Ben.

 

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 PowerDork
6/12/24 11:10 a.m.
JG Pasterjak said:

Tuned in on Max just in time to see Ben Keating miss a tire wall by about two feet. Go Ben.

 

Sounds like there was 23.75 inches of space left. 

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
6/12/24 12:03 p.m.
DirtyBird222 said:
JG Pasterjak said:

Tuned in on Max just in time to see Ben Keating miss a tire wall by about two feet. Go Ben.

 

Sounds like there was 23.75 inches of space left. 

Sorry I forgot it was France so he missed it by 60.325 cm. 

earlybroncoguy1
earlybroncoguy1 Reader
6/12/24 6:06 p.m.

In reply to JG Pasterjak :

How many baguettes is that?

Hoppps
Hoppps Reader
6/12/24 7:03 p.m.

In reply to earlybroncoguy1 :

apparently about 1 baguette 😂

racerfink
racerfink UberDork
6/13/24 6:25 a.m.
DirtyBird222 said:

It's wild to not see Corvette racing team there for the first time in how man years?

 

Reading up on that some, they will lend heavy support to TF Sport's two car Corvette team.  Which seems to be in the form of engineers, and not drivers.

trigun7469
trigun7469 UltraDork
6/13/24 7:51 a.m.

Lamborghini Super Trofeo Europe 2024 – Le Mans, Race 1  it's be a interesting race so far

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 PowerDork
6/13/24 9:07 a.m.
racerfink said:
DirtyBird222 said:

It's wild to not see Corvette racing team there for the first time in how man years?

 

Reading up on that some, they will lend heavy support to TF Sport's two car Corvette team.  Which seems to be in the form of engineers, and not drivers.

I read up on that too. Not the same as seeing the iconic yellow liveries and their driver lineup. 

But also cool to see that Caddy was second in qualifying despite being behind the curve most of the WEC season. We also have the Mustang and Corvette in 1 & 3 respectively in GT3. 

- Was the Porsche armada sandbagging?

- Was really surprised to see BMW on top.

- Peugot brought out the diesel 505 from the 80s to power their hypercar. (Also RIP to the diesel LMPs that were cut short because of VW). 

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
6/13/24 9:38 a.m.

Am I reading the schedule wrong or does the 24hr field get like 10 hours of open practice time? I'd be curious to see the teams' approach to having that much time avaiilable vs. the hour or two total at someplace like Daytona. 

adam525i
adam525i GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/13/24 10:20 a.m.

IT's a lot of practice time but the cars all seem to be out there taking advantage of it. I guess it gives all the drivers lots of time on track and running in traffic.

FP3 is on right now until 12 pm EST

Hyperpole happens at 2 pm EST today and should be fun to watch.

If you are looking for a stream on the high seas google "Lord Latifi Streams" and you should find something

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
6/13/24 11:43 a.m.

Looks like rookies also have to meet a minimum drive time requirement before they are approved to race. And since there's only one race a year at LeMans their only opportunity is race weekend.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 PowerDork
6/13/24 2:08 p.m.
JG Pasterjak said:

Looks like rookies also have to meet a minimum drive time requirement before they are approved to race. And since there's only one race a year at LeMans their only opportunity is race weekend.

I'll keep that in mind whenever i get to race there. 

jmabarone
jmabarone HalfDork
6/13/24 2:31 p.m.
JG Pasterjak said:

Am I reading the schedule wrong or does the 24hr field get like 10 hours of open practice time? I'd be curious to see the teams' approach to having that much time avaiilable vs. the hour or two total at someplace like Daytona. 

Don't forget about the time that teams get at the Roar.  

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
6/13/24 3:18 p.m.
jmabarone said:
JG Pasterjak said:

Am I reading the schedule wrong or does the 24hr field get like 10 hours of open practice time? I'd be curious to see the teams' approach to having that much time avaiilable vs. the hour or two total at someplace like Daytona. 

Don't forget about the time that teams get at the Roar.  

Yeah good point. The Roar used to be an optional, preseason test opportunity and now it's a whole official thing. I do sort of miss seeing the cars run around in bare carbon fiber bodywork, though.

adam525i
adam525i GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/13/24 6:11 p.m.

Kevin's Pole lap, on edge everywhere, very impressive.

 

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
6/14/24 9:54 a.m.

Anyone know of a feed or a replay for the Fun Cup races? My YouTube searches are coming up empty save for a few phone clips.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 PowerDork
6/14/24 11:14 a.m.

Maybe the streaming mentioned earlier by adam525i

Also the porsches were totally sandbagging. Great lap by Estre but that was out of nowhere. 

tarach
tarach New Reader
6/14/24 5:06 p.m.

JOTA Sport Porsche #12 exists again. Heroic work of mechanics. Today there was a wet shakedown at the airport, tomorrow a warm up and then to the race.

RacerBoy75
RacerBoy75 Reader
6/14/24 8:17 p.m.
DirtyBird222 said:

Also the porsches were totally sandbagging. Great lap by Estre but that was out of nowhere. 

If they were sandbagging, there would have been more than just one Porsche in Hyperpole.

 

Sonic
Sonic UberDork
6/15/24 8:04 a.m.

We're having a great time. So cool to be here.  
 

johndej
johndej UltraDork
6/15/24 9:14 a.m.

In reply to Sonic :

Thats awesome! I've stopped by there years ago and was lucky enough they were running some sort of HPDE type event on the grand prix circuit, can't hardly imagine the full race day(s).

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
VSR9px0XzSMEmMKclCEnKezIR0sjS5Xb758IQUpi35GFbYgdY63Yx3XsesuBLqkO