David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
9/10/15 12:42 p.m.

Feature cars help spice up a magazine. They provide that little extra kick that ties all of the flavors together. Think of them as that pinch of cilantro that turns beans, rice and a tortilla into a tasty burrito.

Our silver anniversary celebration has almost come to a close, but really this fanfare is about you, not us. If it …

Read the rest of the story

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/10/15 12:46 p.m.

this is an incredibly cool piece and story idea hat tip on the awesomeness that encompasses the very root of GRM-ness at it's core. Well done chap!

alfadriver
alfadriver UltimaDork
9/10/15 12:58 p.m.

Know two of the list, and have even driven one of them.

Been a long time since I had seen the green dot car, but it was the early 2000's (article was written in '87).

George's Spider is a blast to drive. Very Miata like compared to my car.

Billy_Bottle_Caps
Billy_Bottle_Caps Dork
9/10/15 2:32 p.m.

Great idea, have never heard of the Humongous

racerdave600
racerdave600 SuperDork
9/10/15 3:37 p.m.
Billy_Bottle_Caps wrote: Great idea, have never heard of the Humongous

Jerry was a local club member and a nice guy. His car was huge and heavy, but it turned respectable times. Not sure if he still has it or not, but he always had a smile on his face driving it.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
9/10/15 8:59 p.m.
captdownshift wrote: this is an incredibly cool piece and story idea *hat tip* on the awesomeness that encompasses the very root of GRM-ness at it's core. Well done chap!

Thanks. That article is from the archives, but it was fun to do. Perhaps it's time to update that list.

ckosacranoid
ckosacranoid SuperDork
1/22/18 2:52 p.m.

Thr ruths mustang two I remember when they lived in the milwakee region and raced it and it was always cool to see that. Never got to get ride in it though.

RoHo
RoHo
1/22/18 8:14 p.m.

How do we read one of the original articles for these cars? I did not have a subscription in 2008? 

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/22/18 9:16 p.m.
RoHo said:

How do we read one of the original articles for these cars? I did not have a subscription in 2008? 

And I didn't have one in 1989!!! (Same question though)

te72
te72 New Reader
1/22/18 10:51 p.m.

I dig the idea of a refresh DSW...

Is it weird that I'm most intrigued by the GS400's? Currently own a 2000 LS400, and I know they're fairly potent for a large car, chassis wise. Had a 93 before, and believe it or not, once they take a set in a turn, their grip levels are surprisingly close to my Miata on the same tires. Nowhere near as agile, but still, much more grip and handling capability than they have any right to claim.

Fairmont
Fairmont
1/23/18 2:13 p.m.

David, I dont think I ever thanked you for including the Fairmont on this list when the article originally came out, so Thanks! The wagon is now a testament to what should not happen to old race cars, sitting in the garage with a hole in the side of the engine, full of kids toys and my wifes collection of empty shoeboxes. One of these days....

Mel9146
Mel9146
1/23/18 7:25 p.m.

Does Dettinger still have the slow moving sign on it?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
a4s9pQHsOcqueL2khLm97HSK9rqOCKRuNODF08Rv3H5bcBdpOrdcCQK0tLUoc2Bd