erohslc
erohslc HalfDork
6/6/14 2:58 p.m.

I want this in my Spitfire ...

http://www.gizmag.com/nissan-zeod-rc-engine/30611/

erohslc
erohslc HalfDork
6/7/14 2:20 p.m.

Wow, what a jaded group of enthusiasts. 400 HP 88 lb (yawn) Has everyone BTDT? (crickets)

Rupert
Rupert Reader
6/7/14 2:28 p.m.

Hey that'd work in almost anything! A TR-3? How about a killer off-road buggy? A Piper Cherokee?

Probably not real cheap though!

oldeskewltoy
oldeskewltoy SuperDork
6/7/14 2:34 p.m.
erohslc wrote: Wow, what a jaded group of enthusiasts. 400 HP 88 lb (yawn) Has everyone BTDT? (crickets)

WOW...

unbelievable...

amazing....

is that enough excitement for ya... sorry I didn't see this post until just now.

Now... as far as a 400hp 88# engine is concerned...

I would like to see the dyno run... just to see the torque "curve".

KyAllroad
KyAllroad Reader
6/7/14 3:00 p.m.

Being a generator for an electric drive system it can be tuned for maximum power and efficiency at exactly ONE rpm speed. As a stand alone motor in a regular car it'd likely be terrible. I still want one for my miata though.....

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 Dork
6/7/14 5:23 p.m.

Sounds like it would work well in the Deltawing?

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
6/7/14 5:32 p.m.

Its a slow tpost day.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/7/14 7:42 p.m.

think of the trickledown effect. Lighter and smaller engines that produce the same amount of Hp we are used to now.. sounds like a win to me

erohslc
erohslc HalfDork
6/7/14 9:06 p.m.
oldeskewltoy wrote:
erohslc wrote: Wow, what a jaded group of enthusiasts. 400 HP 88 lb (yawn) Has everyone BTDT? (crickets)
WOW... unbelievable... amazing.... is that enough excitement for ya... sorry I didn't see this post until just now. Now... as far as a 400hp 88# engine is concerned... I would like to see the dyno run... just to see the torque "curve".

I laughed, I cried, it became a part of me!

Sorry, I figured it would be like red meat ... the post sat there for 24 hours.

Yeah, let's see how well it does in a Juke ;)

kanaric
kanaric HalfDork
6/7/14 10:45 p.m.

At 400hp i'm sure this engine doesn't hit boost until like 5000 rpm. Probably why people aren't that excited.

I'm probably underestimating by a mile since it's a race engine.

carbon
carbon HalfDork
6/8/14 7:54 a.m.

they should join two of them at the crank and really have something special!

olpro
olpro Reader
6/8/14 3:15 p.m.

Isn't this a comparison for a turbine engine, being a constant speed application? I do not know what an 88 lb turbine would do but suspect it would turn out a LOT of power at its ideal rpm and operating conditions. Put an engine in a real car, with all the varying parameters and then evaluate it.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GcBml5il6elKPo8EEyKqNjVkET89cP7VeSUqldQZVM4hvjqrdo6OdRV1wRdRQm2d