volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse Reader
8/16/12 1:37 p.m.

Just saw this article- apparently someone intentionally wrecked a '65 Big Block Belvedere in an attempt to off themselves. Tragically, IMO, they failed in the attempt, but destroyed the car in a manner I still can't believe is possible.

http://www.allpar.com/news/index.php/2012/08/1965-belvedere-destroyed-in-suicide-attempt

So much wrong with this story...destruction of an irreplaceable automobile... exorbitant medical cost associated with he ass-hat who did this- which will be borne by all of us, one way or another. Sad story. :-(

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
8/16/12 1:41 p.m.

Let's go finish the job! Who's with me!? Man, that is sad, for the car and the kid. Hope he gets his brain right....and then gets a berkeleying job so he can pay back the owner.

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
8/16/12 1:41 p.m.

Honestly, they probably should have let him go. THAT messed up after a suicide attempt is not going to make the kids' life any better.

yamaha
yamaha HalfDork
8/16/12 1:43 p.m.

In reply to mndsm:

Agreed.......once again, darwin is fooled by modern man's medicine........rats

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/16/12 2:03 p.m.

if he was clinically dead and they brought him back... what is the chance of some serious brain damage from oxygen deprivation.. (not even going to go into being bounced around in the car enough to lose all his teeth)

yamaha
yamaha HalfDork
8/16/12 2:10 p.m.

In reply to mad_machine:

I doubt he had the required equipment anyways after the meth usage

aussiesmg
aussiesmg UltimaDork
8/16/12 2:17 p.m.

berkeleyer couldn't use one of these...

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse Reader
8/16/12 2:44 p.m.

Remember that crash test a while back of that old Bel Air vs. the Impala? There's no possible way he should have survived that crash in a death trap of a 1960's car! Quick, someone call the IHS!

vern2point3
vern2point3 New Reader
8/16/12 3:48 p.m.

Ranks right up there with the kid down in Texas who took a Ford GT out of his dad's body shop and totalled it.

Either case, if I was the car owner the kid who wrecked the thing had better die in the hospital than get released and have to face what I would have in store for him.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
htWZ1qFBoEi7alTuJL4E2gTMfET3I8TwH2DOSXzHbA7mAkLmN0Fmz1uFXiTQDYwN