1 2
Jerry
Jerry UltraDork
8/5/17 2:38 p.m.
Ricky Spanish wrote: If you can't perform your own work you have no business rallycrossing.

chada75
chada75 Reader
8/5/17 3:48 p.m.

In reply to Ricky Spanish:

Truth. If the car breaks at the course, it'll cost more than a few dollars to move and tow the thing.

enginenerd
enginenerd New Reader
8/7/17 8:44 a.m.

Seems expensive for how straightforward it is to do on a WRX. Just did essentially the same thing on my STI. You can rent a spring compressor for free from an auto parts store and probably get it done in less time. You should be able to find a good shop to do a four wheel alignment for around $100. Maybe check out a factory service manual and see if it's something you'd be comfortable doing.

JBasham
JBasham Reader
8/7/17 9:09 a.m.
Ricky Spanish wrote: If you can't perform your own work you have no business rallycrossing. This car WILL break in the field at some point and it will be up to you to get it home.

Get off my lawn!

wae
wae Dork
8/7/17 9:27 a.m.
chada75 wrote: In reply to Ricky Spanish: Truth. If the car breaks at the course, it'll cost more than a few dollars to move and tow the thing.

You must have pretty crappy friends. We'd just put the thing on my trailer, have Jerry follow in my car, and then drop it off wherever he wants. Total cost: $0.

chada75
chada75 Reader
8/7/17 7:52 p.m.

In reply to wae:

I must have. The Guy I'm helping in karts this year is keeping my kart at a shop with 6 figure custom cars and trucks. He also carry said kart and another friends kart when he races a few times. He also doesn't charge me to roll the kart tires which cost $50+ a set. Yep, I have some crappy friends

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/7/17 8:35 p.m.

If you decide to do this at home, do not use the Harbor Freight strut spring compressor. It is a scary tool.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LGXpzbSG6J5sICgOuwVM2Rbi1Gx7tMQRCoWlLtCg9199Fu9Ek2X9A0sg90JugGWh