1 2 3 4
StevenFV19
StevenFV19 Reader
9/23/10 10:47 a.m.
wbjones wrote:
Tom Heath wrote: so he'll probably wise up.
darn... it was starting to sound like we might have had a shot at elevating the gene pool a little...

I really want him to go out on track, no matter what it is, so he actually understands. He says his bracket racing his really hard b/c he has to let off so he meets his Dial-In time. I wouldn't mind elevating the gene pool, especially with him. He keeps on trying to fight everyone in the dorm below us for no reason, which means we all get kicked out of school....great.

Steven

tuna55
tuna55 Dork
9/23/10 11:17 a.m.

Now now, the guy might be an idiot, and sounds like it, but bracket racing IS hard and does require a lot of skill to do correctly.

Appleseed
Appleseed SuperDork
9/24/10 12:17 a.m.

Heads up is for men. It takes driving AND tuning skills.

tuna55
tuna55 Dork
9/24/10 10:10 a.m.
Appleseed wrote: Heads up is for men. It takes driving AND tuning skills.

Yup, because making the car repeat to the thousandth doesn't take any skills of either type, right?

Pseudosport
Pseudosport Reader
9/24/10 12:04 p.m.
StevenFV19 wrote: ..we're both getting an associates degree in High Performance engineering...

Just curious, what school are you going to? Your story reminds me of students I went to school with back at UNOH.

Appleseed
Appleseed SuperDork
9/24/10 3:37 p.m.
tuna55 wrote:
Yup, because making the car repeat to the thousandth doesn't take any skills of either type, right?

Mashing the brakes at the far end to "win" is silly.

tuna55
tuna55 Dork
9/24/10 7:24 p.m.
Appleseed wrote:
tuna55 wrote:
Mashing the brakes at the far end to "win" is silly.

And some say that hitting the brakes at all before the race is over is silly...

And some say that sitting around in a parking lot dodging cones is silly...

StevenFV19
StevenFV19 Reader
9/28/10 10:16 a.m.
Pseudosport wrote:
StevenFV19 wrote: ..we're both getting an associates degree in High Performance engineering...
Just curious, what school are you going to? Your story reminds me of students I went to school with back at UNOH.

Yeah, I'm going to UNOH. When did you graduate?

Steven

Sofa King
Sofa King Reader
9/28/10 11:32 a.m.

I have a friend with a '94 Trans Am that has been stroked and supercharged conservatively makes 600 hp. He took it to Mid-Ohio for a track school weekend. The first day he was hot lapping and the brakes started to go away almost immediately. It was a real handful to keep on track and he ultimately blew up his power steering pump because of the high RPMs on the straights. He had to switch to his unmodified 540i for the rest of the weekend. The BMWs brakes never faded and he says that comparatively it was like driving on the freeway. No drama. His lap times were faster cruising in the BMW than they were all out in the Trans Am.

Your Civic isn't a 540i but I suspect that the results would be similar.

FlightService
FlightService New Reader
10/4/10 8:43 a.m.

Do we have race results yet?

Appleseed
Appleseed SuperDork
10/4/10 9:06 p.m.
FlightService wrote: Do we have a death note yet?

Fixed.

dsycks
dsycks New Reader
10/4/10 10:10 p.m.

Please consider just getting this guy out to a track day and get him a ride along with an instructor or something. He NEEDS to have his head pulled out from between his cheeks and getting tossed around by an experienced hand should well do the trick.

After that hope to find a far more humble young guy, if not you may have a nomination for the next Darwin Awards.

StevenFV19
StevenFV19 Reader
10/5/10 9:40 p.m.

Nothing yet, his Camaro breaks every weekend-big surprise. He's not going to do a track day, he is way to cocky and full of himself to do one. I just want him to take his car on track crash the berkeley out of it, then grow some brains. Hopefully he'll realize he's not the best at everything (he actually said that he is) For now he's just going to stay a cocky douchebag until we go out on track.

Steven

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado SuperDork
10/5/10 11:25 p.m.
StevenFV19 wrote: Nothing yet, his Camaro breaks every weekend-big surprise. He's not going to do a track day, he is way to cocky and full of himself to do one. I just want him to take his car on track crash the berkeley out of it, then grow some brains. Hopefully he'll realize he's not the best at everything (he actually said that he is) For now he's just going to stay a cocky douchebag until we go out on track. Steven

I understand the sentiment (man, do I understand the sentiment! I've had several folks in my past with that kind of cockiness), but still don't want to see anybody get hurt. I guess if it's a bracket racer, it's got some kind of cage, right?

StevenFV19
StevenFV19 Reader
10/6/10 11:33 a.m.

Yeah, I hate cocky people. Anyways, this car is his street car, so no cage or any safety stuff, i honestly wouldn't mind the car meeting a tire wall at a slow speed, but still enough for a little bit of damage. If he doesn't crash, he may just stay the same...unfortunately. Some of us are going to move out of the dorms so we can have some fun and not have to listen to how awesome this guy is.

Steven

wbjones
wbjones Dork
10/6/10 3:37 p.m.

I still think this is an incredibility great opportunity for some Darwin theory (survival of the fittest ?) to take place ... the world needs fewer shiny happy people

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
QClrLWL8R17Q7SOJrZTAe23yZRm68O6hqLGhv9RdXsR5tvUChOqcPuVQZQpMsEkH