1 ... 8 9 10
93EXCivic
93EXCivic SuperDork
9/19/11 4:47 p.m.
Javelin wrote:
donalson wrote: could the 0-50 have to do with the 55mph speed limit for part of the time?... could have just been marketing... good question :)
Ding ding ding, we have a winner, no more callers please! Pick up any 80's car magazine and you will see all of the cars and ads as 0-50.

It happened before that my Midget ads that I have hanging up are 0-50.

familytruckster
familytruckster New Reader
9/19/11 6:51 p.m.

How is it I haven't seen that Xr4ti!!!! That is beautiful.

I rode in one last month at an autox. I sure miss that old turbo pinto motor.

What about these!!!!! God awful draw-thru carb'd turbo....but my FAVORITE fox body.

DrBoost
DrBoost SuperDork
9/19/11 7:01 p.m.
93EXCivic wrote: I am really surprised no one mentioned the Turbo Regal or Grand National.

The only time a Grand Nat is grassroots is if your DD rhymes with niclarin and ends in F1 and you buy a Bently for your 16 year old.
Sweet car, but hardly GRM if you ask me.....but then again, you didn't haha.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic SuperDork
9/19/11 8:36 p.m.
DrBoost wrote:
93EXCivic wrote: I am really surprised no one mentioned the Turbo Regal or Grand National.
The only time a Grand Nat is grassroots is if your DD rhymes with niclarin and ends in F1 and you buy a Bently for your 16 year old. Sweet car, but hardly GRM if you ask me.....but then again, you didn't haha.

Ok so maybe not the Grand National but the turbo Regal could be.

WhiteLX
WhiteLX New Reader
9/20/11 12:17 a.m.
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote: LOL!!! I just noticed the AFRs on that dyno graph. Speaking of 80s turbo goodness, how do we feel about 80s factory turbo car tuning? Nice, huh?

Vane Airflow Meters suck ass.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

NGTD
NGTD Dork
9/20/11 8:54 a.m.
93EXCivic wrote:
DrBoost wrote:
The only time a Grand Nat is grassroots is if your DD rhymes with niclarin and ends in F1 and you buy a Bently for your 16 year old. Sweet car, but hardly GRM if you ask me.....but then again, you didn't haha.

When you guys are saying that the Grand National is not Grassroots are you talking about a GN or a GNX? I know the GNX's are rare and not even sold in some areas but GN's were not that rare.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic SuperDork
9/20/11 8:59 a.m.
NGTD wrote:
93EXCivic wrote:
DrBoost wrote:
When you guys are saying that the Grand National is not Grassroots are you talking about a GN or a GNX? I know the GNX's are rare and not even sold in some areas but GN's were not that rare.

The regular Grand Nationals are bringing a decent amount of money now.

Vigo
Vigo Dork
9/20/11 6:38 p.m.

It's not about rarity, its about whether or not it's cheap. Any 80's E36 M3box that costs more than $1500 aint cheap (for a E36 M3box i.e. car from 80s).

93EXCivic
93EXCivic SuperDork
9/21/11 7:48 a.m.

Speaking of '80s turbo goodness, one we didn't get in the US that I really want.

MG Metro Turbo.

Uncoiled
Uncoiled New Reader
9/21/11 8:37 a.m.

SVO Mustang? or is that what familytruckster posted? Either way sweet cars with a different take on the muscle car!

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/21/11 10:28 a.m.

Not GR by any stretch, but it had to be done.

mrhappy
mrhappy HalfDork
5/20/12 1:12 p.m.

Raze
Raze SuperDork
5/20/12 5:40 p.m.

wow old thread

SilverFleet
SilverFleet Dork
5/20/12 9:16 p.m.

I saw one of these bad boys yesterday. So rare!!!

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac MegaDork
5/21/12 8:38 a.m.

My 80s turbo goodness just got some lovin'.

Caleb
Caleb New Reader
5/22/12 1:06 a.m.

Thread fixed lol

smog7
smog7 Dork
5/22/12 1:47 a.m.

1 ... 8 9 10

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
iRld5uCQ1DRzRrSnKqfaCVI7D1H8tje4kzLN7EBqlXT1TyppQ5XjryIYOOapFIlg