1 ... 9 10 11
VWguyBruce
VWguyBruce Reader
10/1/08 6:09 a.m.
SVreX wrote: I might be dead in the water. Shifter cables are bad. Can't get it into gear.

I'll call my local yard and see what they have. We haven't left yet. Don't know if our local parts selection is any better than yours.

ratghia
ratghia New Reader
10/1/08 10:11 a.m.

I just got my learners permit.

VWguyBruce
VWguyBruce Reader
10/1/08 10:12 a.m.

Woohoo! Good times are comin'!

Did you NEED any of the 6V parts for the Challenge? I haven't found everything yet and I'm still working on the Jetta.

sanyarcosean
sanyarcosean New Reader
10/1/08 11:06 a.m.

Dad here for Aaron.

We will take the 6v parts, but do not need them in FL so if you want to hook up after thats cool (and will give me a reason th buy the wheels from you if you still have them)

Sean

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
10/1/08 12:22 p.m.
16vCorey wrote: What? You're letting some stupid ass cables stop you? I'm sure we can come up with a fix. Bring it anyway. You can fix my megasquirt, I'll make some cables.

I wish that was all.

What it comes down to is I could spend the next 50 hours pulling 2 all-nighters to complete a crappy little untested bottom of the pack finisher while treating my family and everyone around me crap, or I can cave and enjoy the ride.

I'm thinking I may rather enjoy the company and my family.

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/1/08 12:34 p.m.

But THAT is why they call it THE CHALLENGE!

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
10/1/08 12:42 p.m.

I know, I know.

Call me Tool #1.

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
10/1/08 12:53 p.m.
16vCorey wrote: What? You're letting some stupid ass cables stop you? I'm sure we can come up with a fix. Bring it anyway. You can fix my megasquirt, I'll make some cables.

How we gonna make cables??

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
10/1/08 12:54 p.m.
VWguyBruce wrote:
SVreX wrote: I might be dead in the water. Shifter cables are bad. Can't get it into gear.
I'll call my local yard and see what they have. We haven't left yet. Don't know if our local parts selection is any better than yours.

Maybe, if they're not computerized.

I've done a nationwide search of junkyards, and called a dozen or so.

Every one of them said, "Sure, we've got a GTX in inventory, but it's crushed."

I've got some ordered. Still out of time for everything else.

1 ... 9 10 11

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
K7j5a44BFxMWGj0GgoMnpAiE38BvL6JmVXhVdWuJTHxggIXIkNwaqGKadfj82ktU