1 2 3 4 5 ... 11
fastclown
fastclown New Reader
7/21/08 2:24 p.m.

"The Bezerkeley vs. Minissan grudge match should exciting. " I doubt GRM would be able to take the embarrasment of the Turderkeley being beat by Minissan. I have no problem bringing Minissan as an exhibition car and run the autocross and drags, the ball's in their court I'll wait by the phone

ratghia
ratghia New Reader
7/26/08 4:48 p.m.

We went to our second autocross today. We made it through all four runs. We had a larger rat nest blow out of the quarter panel into the engine bay after our third run. It was very hot out today but we had my ghetto 50's coke cooler (looks like it got beat with a baseball bat) that we keep it the car to keep our drinks cold. We also won our class (sm2) and brought home a trophy. Tomorow we are going to a show and will have some videos of the autocross up soon.

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
7/26/08 7:25 p.m.
VWguyBruce wrote:
SVreX wrote: Can't swear I'll have a car. I've got 7 different very cool projects sitting out back...
Paul, did you ever get the Yugo running right on MegaSquirt? Did I miss the post somewhere? Is it overbudget?

We bailed at like 2:00 in the afternoon the opening day of the Challenge last year, and MadScientistMatt and I headed to the Challenge and shagged cones. It's shameful that the car isn't finished yet, as it was ridiculously close to completion last year.

But life goes on...

Mental
Mental SuperDork
7/28/08 1:07 a.m.

Picked up my challenger today, entry gets dropped in the mail tomorrow.

chknhwk
chknhwk New Reader
7/28/08 9:37 a.m.

Maybe in another week or two I can afford the entry fee...

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/28/08 9:42 a.m.

Right on schedule...

wheels777
wheels777 HalfDork
7/28/08 10:29 a.m.
Mental wrote: Picked up my challenger today, entry gets dropped in the mail tomorrow.

Glad to hear you are coming. We will make sure Corey is ready for another mid-night headlightless recovery. Ahhh the memories.

16vCorey
16vCorey Dork
7/28/08 11:37 a.m.

Not if I'm on time this year, I'll be good and drunk by then. Good times indeed.

Mental
Mental SuperDork
7/28/08 11:56 a.m.
wheels777 wrote:
Mental wrote: Picked up my challenger today, entry gets dropped in the mail tomorrow.
Glad to hear you are coming. We will make sure Corey is ready for another mid-night headlightless recovery. Ahhh the memories.

Blast! I was hoping 3 years would fade that memory. Not towing this time, driving her down, so I hope to be next to Corey and good and unsafe to drive by sunset.

Corey, I actually still owe you a beer for that.

16vCorey
16vCorey Dork
7/28/08 3:36 p.m.

And I'll take you up on that in...berkeley...65 days, according to the clock to the side. Yikes.

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
7/28/08 3:46 p.m.

That clock makes me sweat.

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
7/28/08 3:48 p.m.

I'm thinking as it gets closer I'll make it a little larger each day... especially for the challengers. Maybe with an ominous ticking sound.

Mental
Mental SuperDork
7/28/08 4:01 p.m.
Tim Baxter wrote: I'm thinking as it gets closer I'll make it a little larger each day... especially for the challengers. Maybe with an ominous ticking sound.

I know folks have misguidedly said this, but I I have not shared that thought until now...

You suck.

wheels777
wheels777 HalfDork
7/28/08 4:30 p.m.
16vCorey wrote: Not if I'm on time this year, I'll be good and drunk by then. Good times indeed.

You!!!....On Time!!.......HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA....Stop....Stop....My sides are killing me..........HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA...Please...Please...stop..................I.........can't...........breathe......Ooooo...Oh....Oh, that's a good one.

spin_out
spin_out New Reader
7/29/08 8:44 a.m.

The GLH Omni wont be done on time, so I'm dusting off the $2007 Fiero. Managed to Pin Stripe one wheel yesterday in hopes of up grading my concourse score :) , 3 more rims to go. I actually had the rim off looking to add a ton of rear camber, and I think I found it.
I did add a Back to the Future Flux Capacitor, but who knows how well those flea market items work. Even if it does work, there is always a chance I might finish before I start.

Nice Merkur, John Brown, I have 6 1/2 in my back yard that I took a serious look at, but I felt they were kind of heavy to be competitive.

It's Totally worth going to Gainsville just to see what Andrew brings. It would be nice to see some pictures in advance.

16vCorey
16vCorey Dork
7/29/08 9:20 a.m.
spin_out wrote: It's Totally worth going to Gainsville just to see what Andrew brings. It would be nice to see some pictures in advance.

Good luck with that. I think you'll just have to show up and find out. I for one am super-excited to see it.

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/29/08 9:30 a.m.
spin_out wrote: Nice Merkur, John Brown, I have 6 1/2 in my back yard that I took a serious look at, but I felt they were kind of heavy to be competitive.

They are piggish, that is why ours is called "Lard of the Flies"

wheels777
wheels777 HalfDork
7/31/08 2:30 p.m.
16vCorey wrote:
spin_out wrote: ..... It would be nice to see some pictures in advance.
Good luck with that......

SMACK...Thank you...I CAN read between the lines there Buddy!

ratghia
ratghia New Reader
8/3/08 7:24 p.m.

We ran through all the wiring today. The car now has all functioning lights. We also fixed the horn and wipers.

wheels777
wheels777 HalfDork
8/3/08 9:03 p.m.
ratghia wrote: We ran through all the wiring today. The car now has all functioning lights. We also fixed the horn and wipers.

You have lights. I'm happy to have floor boards now.

kcbhiw
kcbhiw Reader
8/3/08 10:35 p.m.

The Tracer is all stripped down, excluding the engine bay, wiring is complete, and 4 wheels are on the car. All that remains to set it on the ground are new tie-rod ends (though that does no good without a steering column/wheel, heh). I hope to have her painted in 3 weeks, though just saying that will jinx the whole works. I hope to rig together the turbo system in the next 2 weeks.

That bloody countdown timer just blares at me and further makes me realize just how much I have left to do.

I have a journal of the build HERE if anyone is interested.

VWguyBruce
VWguyBruce Reader
8/4/08 8:27 a.m.

Wow, you guys are bringing much more interesting things than my Jetta. I'm going to have to rethink bringing watercooled VW next time.

I've already seen Andy's car and it's wow factor.

Kevin, equally wow. The Tracer is very cool.

bluej
bluej GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/4/08 11:07 a.m.

well, just won a completed megasquirt on ebay. payed a little more (about $20) than if i had bought one myself but i'm thinking the time savings will be worth it since there is room in the budget. at this point i've sourced pretty much everything and it's just putting it all together.

ToyZilla is coming..

wheels777
wheels777 HalfDork
8/4/08 8:05 p.m.
VWguyBruce wrote: Wow, you guys are bringing much more interesting things than my Jetta. I'm going to have to rethink bringing watercooled VW next time. I've already seen Andy's car and it's wow factor. Kevin, equally wow. The Tracer is very cool.

Bruce, Sorry Man, you saw the car we are not bringing. The car we are bringing is a lot more wild and should be enjoyed by everyone. We started on a new project 37 days ago. It was a stripped shell that was going to the strapper. Swing by and see the latest family project. I am on another business trip, and Paula and the kids were able to get a bunch of work done today.

VWguyBruce
VWguyBruce Reader
8/5/08 7:55 a.m.

Now I have to make the event and see what's going to unfold! I wish I were closer, peer motivation. Heck, I live in the same house as my car and I can hardly find time to visit. That timer is killing me.

1 2 3 4 5 ... 11

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hISdLl3Ln5Noj59Xg7Mqu32mHyGJrjE6fvKvTZyjfAP98jmqrqBpMzjGfX0Uqjrj