T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
7/5/12 7:58 p.m.

A few weeks back I started searching Craigslist for 944's. I've always liked the looks of them. I've seen everything from ratty non-runners to pristine turbo models listed. Reading the E28 LS1 swap thread today on my phone gave me great pleasure and it hit me that the answer may be an LSx swapped 944. If I recall correctly someone here has one out in Portland or somewhere. It looks like several companies sell some of the conversion parts.

What do I need to know? Does it matter what I start with? I'll go back and dig up the back issue with the 944 buyers guide.

Just a thought at this point, but it seems so right.

EDIT: Just re-read this thread and this thread and this thread

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
7/5/12 8:16 p.m.

This '88 Turbo is for sale locally. Listed as "must sell" asking $6900. Might just go take a look at it next week when I am back in town. Not the cheapest way to start a swap, but it would be fun to drive as is.

docwyte
docwyte HalfDork
7/5/12 9:34 p.m.

For $6900 that turbo better be well sorted. A cheap 951 turns into a very expensive 951 quickly.

I have an LS1 951. Definitely start with a turbo car and if you plan on really tracking it, a Turbo S is even better. The bigger brakes, better suspension and transmission are good to have.

Most of my swap stuff came from Texas Performance Concepts. Eric, the owner, is a great guy and his stuff is the bomb. I do have a Ron Davis radiator on my car, it's only needed if you track the car alot and live where it's really hot.

I'm happy to answer any questions you may have...

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
D2PMrWukyAqx5QHDx96sAFe1KeNv0hjmdXHo5a1lbjHNZBIfRA5o5dmu1eNgrWjJ