1 ... 3 4 5
Blitzed306
Blitzed306 Reader
1/15/11 11:36 a.m.

I've never been a truck person, But the best truck I've ever owned was a rusted out 1970 F100. 302 carb 2 barrel with a C4 auto and a dana rear end. I bought it for 100 bucks, and one ignition coil later I had a damn good running truck that never, ever gave me any trouble at all. I really hate that I sold it

wlkelley3
wlkelley3 Dork
1/15/11 7:02 p.m.

82 1/2 Nissan/Datsun Sentra. The first year for the Sentra and the changeover year from Datsun to Nissan. The car said Datsun on one side of the trunk and Nissan on the other. First new car I ever bought. Bought it in Washington state and was transfered to Fairbanks, Alaska. On sunny but cold days (which there are a lot of those in Alaska) the engine would barely start and if it did it sounded like it was running on one cylinder. Only 8,000 miles on the car but out of warranty - over the year. Took a long time to figure that one out. Finally figured out the electric choke on the carb was sealing the engine not letting air in. Sealed carb so I couldn't adjust it. Stealership wanted a lot to fix it. I wrapped a piece of wire around the linkage limiting travel and not letting it close all the way and it ran fine. The Stealership also put special winter CV boots on the car when I arrived in Alaska but didn't band them. When the CV joints started to go out again they quoted a fortune to replace the driveshaft and not covered in warranty and can't prove they messed up, the paperwork said they banded them. First FWD I've ever been around so I didn't know any better. Traded the car in for a 81 K5 Blazer. One of the best vehicles I've owned. It went to a junkyard in 97 when someone ran a red light and hit the left front wheel going about 45 mph.

neon4891
neon4891 SuperDork
1/15/11 7:03 p.m.

Another neon, unless it is NYG.

I love mine, and I will keep it till the engine blows or it rusts apart. It is in as good of shape as it is because I've dumped over $5k into it. I don't want to have to spend that much fixing another one, with out hitting the lotto first.

But that is what I said after my first one...

skimobile
skimobile None
1/15/11 9:42 p.m.

In the stone age, when I got my 1st job, I had a hand-me-down, 1974 AMC Gremlin. Butt ugly with NO power steering, no power period..but the thing would just not die no matter how I tried to kill it. It would rust if you looked at it wrong but I had that thing airborne several times and BEAT the ever living snot out of it on a daily basis. I sold it one day and the last I heard from the owner about it, it had over 195k/mi on it and was being chopped up for a modified car.

Apex779
Apex779 New Reader
1/16/11 10:21 a.m.

I've always loved the look of the Acura Integras so last Feb. I sold my e30 and bought the cleanest Integra I have ever seen. It was the only Integra I found that had the stock suspension, stock airbox, and no neon. It was a silver 1995 LS with 140k miles. That car looked like a million bucks and I loved driving it.

After the first month all hell broke loose. First all four wheel bearings went bad, then the valve cover gasket, cam seal, oil pan gasket, and water pump crapped out at the same time. Of course the next thing to go was the cooling system and I had to replace all the hoses and radiator. Then the brake master cylinder went out. Last June the AC stopped working and it took 4 trips to the shop for them to finally fix it. After that I had to replace both tie rods. I loved the car because of its looks and ability to carry huge amounts of cargo thanks to the hatch (my buddies were constantly amazed, it was like a pickup) but I finally couldn't take anymore and sent it on the screw with the next owner. Right before I sold it the antenna stopped working and the clutch started to feel "funny", I just told the new owner about those problems and moved on. I've always owned old cars including two 80's BMWs and a beat to hell Mazda 929. People would flag me down to tell me how much they loved Integras and what great cars they were, but that car was hands down the worst I've ever owned.

1 ... 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
L4Mb7GGnyR41Y8L2yIvfM0gEKVNemiI7hTArGg0P7Q3QpueiXHlbc3VrE5KhyzLI