docwyte
docwyte HalfDork
7/9/12 11:08 a.m.

http://youtu.be/PUQA5y0mP3c

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi HalfDork
7/9/12 4:59 p.m.

Video or it didn't happen.... I love the idea of an LS 944.

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
7/9/12 5:17 p.m.

I'd love to see video or even some pics of your car. A 944 LS1 has been stuck in my head for a week now.

ptmeyer84
ptmeyer84 New Reader
7/9/12 7:43 p.m.

Awesome. What was holding back the faster times, yourself or the car? I love the idea of a LS1 944 but I fear it may be a handful on a track.

intrepid
intrepid New Reader
7/9/12 10:27 p.m.

I was hearing that Pueblo was quite slick when they first started running on the new surface a month ago. Do you think it might be getting better with a bit of rubber laid down?

Also, what do you think of turn 10? I've heard lots of complaints...

Finally, several people told me that they changed the camber of of the racing surface on several turns. Sounds like it might be difficult, or at least take a while, to turn the times people were getting a couple of years ago.

-chris r.

docwyte
docwyte HalfDork
7/10/12 8:59 a.m.

Sorry about that, I thought I'd had the link in my post!

The track seems to have a decent amount of grip. Coming out of turn 10 is always exciting, the drag strip is slippery. Turn 10 is now a bona fide 90 degree right hander, so it's much slower than before.

I didn't really notice much change in the camber of the turns, but there are some ridges now that weren't there before.

Honestly I've been wondering WTF is up with the car this season. I'm 3-4 seconds slower at High Plains with it this year vs last and I don't know why. It's possible that the Nitto NT-01's I'm using are just old and aren't sticky. They did sit in my garage for 2 winters now...

Jaynen
Jaynen Reader
7/10/12 9:46 a.m.

I've heard they can be sensitive that way

docwyte
docwyte HalfDork
7/10/12 1:13 p.m.

Yeah, the garage isn't heated, so temps do fall there. Oddly enough the Toyo RA1's that sat there for 1 winter were still plenty sticky though.

Whatever, I'll use these up and buy a new set this coming spring so they'll be fresh for that season.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
p9MOhdmleZKOubwYDUMCLPIrkTayF3Id5g9psTCDeXMoVsCMhxMsOAKhRzHMvB5w