1 2 3
Bobzilla
Bobzilla UberDork
10/2/13 8:33 a.m.
mtn wrote: Anecdotal observations: Don't take it to an autocross. I've seen 2 break on course and go into limp-home mode.

We have one that's been through two full seasons AND it's his DD.

The0retical
The0retical HalfDork
10/2/13 8:40 a.m.
chuckathon wrote: OK. It has 211,000 miles on it and I paid a bit over $5k.

Hot damn! I would have pulled the trigger without a second thought too.

I've always liked those but always thought they were out of the price range of what I'd pay for a GM product. Suddenly not so much.

If what you listed is all that's wrong with it, it's a heck of a deal. I hope you can fix her up and have fun with it for another 200k.

Cotton
Cotton SuperDork
10/2/13 8:52 a.m.
The0retical wrote:
Hot damn! I would have pulled the trigger without a second thought too. I've always liked those but always thought they were out of the price range of what I'd pay for a GM product. Suddenly not so much. If what you listed is all that's wrong with it, it's a heck of a deal. I hope you can fix her up and have fun with it for another 200k.

I'd have bought that too. sounds like a great deal.

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand UberDork
10/2/13 9:02 a.m.

My thoughts exactly. That seems like a fantastic buy! Nicely done.

camaroz1985
camaroz1985 Reader
10/2/13 9:29 a.m.

Wow, that sure is a deal. I was thinking you would have paid around $15k. Even with the miles, and the couple issues sounds like you got a screaming deal.

jstein77
jstein77 SuperDork
10/2/13 10:04 a.m.

I'm waiting for this to get down to 5K. That way I'd have 10K left over to pay for the first year's gas bill.

No, seriously, you did good. Very cool car.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/2/13 12:09 p.m.
  1. I hate you.

B. I'll give you $5002 for it.

III. That's berkeleying grassroots baby!!!

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UberDork
10/2/13 12:14 p.m.

I offer you $5010.

dj06482
dj06482 GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/2/13 12:46 p.m.

Well bought! I had no idea they were down in that range (regardless of mileage)...

Cotton
Cotton SuperDork
10/2/13 12:56 p.m.

I bet I'm not the only one hitting their local CL in search of high mileage CTS-Vs now.

edit: You got a hell of a deal. Best I found locally so far was one with over 180k miles for 11k.

The0retical
The0retical HalfDork
10/2/13 2:50 p.m.
Cotton wrote: I bet I'm not the only one hitting their local CL in search of high mileage CTS-Vs now. edit: You got a hell of a deal. Best I found locally so far was one with over 180k miles for 11k.

You're not. Cheapest one by me is close to 15k with 118k on the clock. God forbid you step up to the wagon they're close to 50k.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/2/13 2:59 p.m.
poopshovel wrote: Am I a dick if I ask "how much?"

that's not the reason...

Rusnak_322
Rusnak_322 Dork
10/2/13 3:24 p.m.

you need an anti wheel hop kit, because what is the point of this car if you can't do a burnout??

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/2/13 3:25 p.m.
The0retical wrote:
Cotton wrote: I bet I'm not the only one hitting their local CL in search of high mileage CTS-Vs now. edit: You got a hell of a deal. Best I found locally so far was one with over 180k miles for 11k.
You're not. Cheapest one by me is close to 15k with 118k on the clock. God forbid you step up to the wagon they're close to 50k.

That's because wagons are 2nd gen (supercharged LSA) only.

chuckathon
chuckathon New Reader
10/2/13 3:39 p.m.

. Quote "If what you listed is all that's wrong with it, it's a heck of a deal. I hope you can fix her up and have fun with it for another 200k."

I am sure I will find other problems as I drive and work on it but I figured for this price it was worth taking the chance.

jdbuilder
jdbuilder Reader
10/2/13 7:30 p.m.

yeah at that price I would have loved a back up CTSV for my stable! I went with Rev Shift blue motor mounts and recommend them.

The0retical
The0retical HalfDork
10/3/13 3:20 a.m.
Javelin wrote:
The0retical wrote:
That's because wagons are 2nd gen (supercharged LSA) only.

Yes but that doesn't mean I want a cheap one any less

Appleseed
Appleseed UltimaDork
10/4/13 2:05 a.m.

Lucky bastard.

sockpuppet
sockpuppet New Reader
10/4/13 6:03 a.m.

A guy I know from work bought a CTS-V with about 100k less miles for only $500 more.

jde
jde Reader
10/4/13 7:24 a.m.

You did great at that price with it.

I bought a one-owner '04 with 91K a year ago, and have put 20K on it. Still absolutely love it. Only issues thus far have been a front brake hose and it blew out a stripped spark plug (courtesy of the dealer that maintained it previously...thanks)

Biggest issue is it came with a Borla exhaust and crossover pipe on it, so I now I have way too much fun letting it bark, burble, and cackle like a cliched Harley owner.

scardeal
scardeal Dork
10/4/13 8:36 a.m.

I know a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy who traded a paperclip up to a CTS-V Wagon.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UberDork
10/4/13 9:16 a.m.
scardeal wrote: I know a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy who traded a paperclip up to a CTS-V Wagon.

They guy I know that knew a guy who met this guy once did it with pocket lint. And it was a new one.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/4/13 1:56 p.m.

I know some people, who know some people, that rob some people.

poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
10/4/13 2:34 p.m.

SKOAR!!!!! Nicely done, dude.

calteg
calteg Reader
10/4/13 3:09 p.m.

Very nice.

The motor mounts are.not.fun. Not even a little bit.

Bought mine, drove it for a year, and when brakes & tires came due, I sent it off to its new owner. Otherwise, a fantastic car.

Added bonus: CTS-Vs are the best donors for an LS miata

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
0CZAbIWIcAgpGVyGGFWKhLqXl6EbR3M1mNFuarxQ6AHajJaMOO7ty5EDzBnHiKFc