Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
7/23/21 5:38 p.m.

Nobody can really listen to Electronic Dance Records for more than five seconds, so whats the point?

It's possible I have no idea what we are talking about, too.

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/23/21 5:51 p.m.

"If your erectile dysfunction remedy lasts for more than five seconds, see your doctor."

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/23/21 6:01 p.m.

Emergency Data Recorders?

I think we all need more context. Where are you seeing 5 seconds of data? Are these OE items or aftermarket items? Are they for cars or airplanes? Or are you talking computer security here?

I'm going to guess the memory for 30 seconds of data costs approximately 6x the cost of the amount of memory used for 5 seconds, though :)

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
7/23/21 8:21 p.m.

Automotive? I have formal training in reading and interpreting data from event data recorders, using the Bosch crash data recovery tool and doing accident reconstruction using that information. I do it as a part of my job and get update trainings as well.

What do you want to know?

Toyman01 + Sized and
Toyman01 + Sized and GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/23/21 9:34 p.m.

The crowds someone like Hardwell draws to a place like Tomorrowland make me think they listen for more than 5 seconds. 

Then again I may not know what you are talking about either. laugh

Barb_Dwyer
Barb_Dwyer New Reader
7/24/21 9:02 a.m.

In reply to Streetwiseguy :

It would be useful to have more context. What is your 5 second metric? Is this an OEM item or aftermarket item? 

EDR's track record is pretty impressive. I can't say I'd mind listening to more than 5 seconds, but I may not know what you are talking about...laugh

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hmMWOJ5Fv1NeuKIqCClIaGPdxBe2Fmo4JUI87L33SjWiFW2OlPgxTQvQmyYNZK1C