Jordan Rimpela
Jordan Rimpela Digital Editor
11/8/19 10:53 a.m.

Not quiiiiite. Close though. And let's be honest, it looks good, no?

java230
java230 UberDork
11/8/19 11:00 a.m.

Very cool, not 169k cool, but cool. RADwood 90's goodness tho.

Daylan C
Daylan C PowerDork
11/8/19 11:05 a.m.

Came here thinking of this wagon even though I know this isn't a GTR.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
11/8/19 11:06 a.m.

I'd rock a Stagea all day and twice on Sundays.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UltimaDork
11/8/19 12:02 p.m.
Jordan Rimpela said:

No.  No it does not.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/8/19 12:04 p.m.

I've actually been in one while living in the UK as a mate of mine imported cars from Japan and had a regular one (not the Autech 260RS). They're pretty cool cars, but it didn't feel much more special than the other "super wagons" they built in Japan at that time like the Mitsubishi Legnum and the twin-turbo Subaru Legacy.

The price does seem a tad high even with the prices of rare cars going up in Japan. I'm also a bit surprised by the CA plates as the Stageas were only made around the turn of the millennium, and the fun of getting even GT-Rs imported under the 25 year exemption smog legal in CA.

Not to mention the fact that it's advertised as a GT-R when it is an Autech Stagea 260RS (assuming it's not an after-the-fact shade tree conversion).

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 Dork
11/8/19 1:02 p.m.

In reply to BoxheadTim :

I bet anything the plates are fake, or dealer type move from car to car. Fake California plate on front is a thing in PA.

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
11/8/19 1:26 p.m.

In reply to TurnerX19 :

Are you telling me there's a market for me to sell my old CA plates?

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
11/8/19 2:06 p.m.

If anyone hasn't seen the series of videos on Youtube yet, the Mighty Car Mods guys built up a Stagea wagon a couple years ago that was pretty cool.

irish44j
irish44j MegaDork
11/8/19 3:16 p.m.
Jordan Rimpela said:

Looks like a Volvo 850 wagon with a skyline body kit...but the actual Volvo looks better. 

Image result for volvo s70 wagon tuned

pointofdeparture
pointofdeparture GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/8/19 3:55 p.m.

Ah yes, an illegally imported Stagea with an ugly GT-R nose conversion.

There's still a good 7-8 years left before these are eligible for US import at the federal level, and these aren't on the Show & Display waiver list, so there's some sketchy business afoot here...

I wouldn't be surprised if it has never actually been titled or registered here as getting grey-market imports through CARB certification is a HUGE headache.

pointofdeparture
pointofdeparture GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/8/19 3:59 p.m.

Oh dang, this business is SKETCHY AS HELL. They are basically openly admitting to VIN swapping in the ad details!

This is a CUSTOM BUILT CAR. NOT ORIGINAL/GENUINE (started from and titled as a 1975  Niassna and built from the ground up). We are not selling or claiming this car to be original. Please call with any concerns. Thank you!

Up front, the R34 fascia shows proudly on the nose of the wagon, a full Masa Motorsport bodykit, R34 GT-R drivetrain underneath this wagon, which includes the legendary ATTESA all-wheel-drive system and Nissan's twin-turbocharged 2.6-liter engine. Making Over 450hp. Engine: 02 R34 v-spec GT-R RB26dett with 20k miles, R34 GT-R twin turbos with 15 psi,  transmission:  R33 GT-R v-spec 5 speeds with all brand new seals & twin plates flywheel, HKS pulley, HKS blow off valve, wastegate, greddy strut bar, NISMO fuel injectors, 800cc Greddy fuel rail, Greddy intake manifold, HKS intake kit, tanabe coilover suspension, greddy exhaust, greddy intercooler, blitz radiator, oil catch can, R33 Gt-R seats, R33 brakes, stagea kouki taillights. R34 GT-R factory Xenon headlights, bride rear seats, Nardi steering wheel, nismo shift knob, 19" Nismo Rays forged LMGT4 wheels (chassis 139k KM = 80k miles) CA registered with smog exemption. Car was imported to us more than 25 years ago. 

Yep, those are what we call "lies" in the general public... 

irish44j
irish44j MegaDork
11/8/19 4:04 p.m.
pointofdeparture said:

Oh dang, this business is SKETCHY AS HELL.

This is a CUSTOM BUILT CAR. NOT ORIGINAL/GENUINE (started from and titled as a 1975  Niassna and built from the ground up). We are not selling or claiming this car to be original. Please call with any concerns. Thank you!

Up front, the R34 fascia shows proudly on the nose of the wagon, a full Masa Motorsport bodykit, R34 GT-R drivetrain underneath this wagon, which includes the legendary ATTESA all-wheel-drive system and Nissan's twin-turbocharged 2.6-liter engine. Making Over 450hp. Engine: 02 R34 v-spec GT-R RB26dett with 20k miles, R34 GT-R twin turbos with 15 psi,  transmission:  R33 GT-R v-spec 5 speeds with all brand new seals & twin plates flywheel, HKS pulley, HKS blow off valve, wastegate, greddy strut bar, NISMO fuel injectors, 800cc Greddy fuel rail, Greddy intake manifold, HKS intake kit, tanabe coilover suspension, greddy exhaust, greddy intercooler, blitz radiator, oil catch can, R33 Gt-R seats, R33 brakes, stagea kouki taillights. R34 GT-R factory Xenon headlights, bride rear seats, Nardi steering wheel, nismo shift knob, 19" Nismo Rays forged LMGT4 wheels (chassis 139k KM = 80k miles) CA registered with smog exemption. Car was imported to us more than 25 years ago. 

What the heck is a "Niassna?"

Shadeux
Shadeux GRM+ Memberand Reader
11/8/19 4:53 p.m.

In reply to Daylan C :

Suddenly I have a weird hankering for Fairmont station wagons.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
11/8/19 4:55 p.m.
irish44j said:

Looks like a Volvo 850 wagon with a skyline body kit...but the actual Volvo looks better. 

Other than they're both station wagons and they're both white, there's not much resemblance.  One is square and the other is not.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/8/19 6:43 p.m.
stuart in mn said:

If anyone hasn't seen the series of videos on Youtube yet, the Mighty Car Mods guys built up a Stagea wagon a couple years ago that was pretty cool.

Bennie's Double Unicorn on MCMTV2

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/8/19 7:47 p.m.
pointofdeparture said:

Oh dang, this business is SKETCHY AS HELL. They are basically openly admitting to VIN swapping in the ad details!

Oh boy, someone got hold of Doc Brown's time machine to import a car.

That's "government coming down on you like a ton of bricks" territory, likely to end in massive fines and cubed cars. Not to mention that it makes life a lot harder for those of us who occasionally try to legally import a vehicle.

irish44j
irish44j MegaDork
11/8/19 9:02 p.m.
stuart in mn said:
irish44j said:

Other than they're both station wagons and they're both white, there's not much resemblance.  One is square and the other is not.

I was referring to the wagon box. And Volvos aren't actually square in that area. They have similar curvature at the rear end to the OP pic. But we can agree to disagree. Doesn't much matter since it's not an actual Skyline anyhow....

Image result for volvo 850 wagon

MotorsportsGordon
MotorsportsGordon HalfDork
11/9/19 1:02 a.m.

Now it just needs an ls swap.

waits for all the attacks etc from gtr fan boys etc lol........

_
_ Dork
11/9/19 10:42 a.m.

In reply to irish44j :

Niasna, how you say in Russian "Nissan". Which is likely what this soon-to-be-court-battle is. 

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/9/19 11:52 a.m.

I would rock that!!!  Always loved these cars. 

calteg
calteg Dork
11/9/19 12:45 p.m.

I suspect that wagon has a hot date with an EPA crusher in the not-too-distant-future

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
CDSpIU3xtKpUdQSBH4P0R1Goyt0x0R09GTGoDbPGW0ePlOn0aiBkb4Y3fhK9YKwX