1 2
sevenracer
sevenracer Reader
12/7/16 8:57 p.m.

As a track toy, I think the Pord would be my pick with one small change... GT350 motor

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/7/16 9:30 p.m.
Tactical Penguin wrote: How do you use Pord over Forsche?!?!

Because the Ford part goes in the back, duh.

Which makes our car a Chazda, I guess.

Please send me one of these Pords, I will evaluate

Nick (Bo) Comstock
Nick (Bo) Comstock UltimaDork
12/7/16 9:38 p.m.

I posed the question and have yet to answer the question.

It's a hard decision for me.

In the power plant department I prefer the Chevy.

In the host chassis department I prefer the Porsche.

The Flyin' Miata car is cheaper and more sorted.

The Porsche has a hardtop and I much prefer that to an open top car.

It's a considerable conundrum...

I think on the strength of the sound, gulf livery and the white letter tires I'm going to tip my hat to the Forsche/Pord.

Chadeux
Chadeux HalfDork
12/7/16 9:47 p.m.

As others have said, the Miata is a more finished car. Removing space from the drivers compartment of a small car seems like a compromise I really wouldn't want to deal with on the Cayman.

Keith Tanner
12/7/16 11:31 p.m.

Don't forget we can convert the RF Miata as well. I can even disconnect the button to lower the top so it's a full-time coupe if the retraction aspect makes it somehow inferior

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
12/8/16 8:43 a.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner:

Throw in an LS9 and you've got yourself a deal!

Keith Tanner
12/8/16 11:13 a.m.

I can certainly give it a shot, although I think the motor is overrated. The 525 is a lot more fun.

D2W
D2W Reader
12/8/16 1:59 p.m.

Honestly I think they are both overrated for the cost, especially the Pord. Older chassis with a crate motor and the hatch won't even close. Hack. 90K dollar Chiata, even with 450 hp that doesn't seem like much of a bargain. I can buy a new Cayman and a beater truck and trailer for less than the cost of either one.

Keith Tanner
12/20/16 8:05 p.m.

For $90k, we can put a lot more than 450 in it. Our demo car has 525 and runs $82k. Base it on a Sport instead of a GT and you're looking at $76k. Performance is the same.

You could buy a new Cayman and a beater truck and trailer, but then you'd have a much lesser car and a beater truck that you have to park somewhere.

Matt Farah has made his choice, and he's actually driven them. http://www.thedrive.com/new-cars/6581/matt-farah-selects-his-best-and-worst-cars-of-2016

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
DgEi4UljvJv3xNmxJUbciXjkzNl3OnQE0W5kGUkB8cigujhbmDxbhxav8rTYDK6V