Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham Editorial Assistant
2/12/15 3:11 p.m.
feature_image

Mazda just released the new accessories available for the new 2016 Miata while in Chicago for the Chicago Auto Show. Their ceramic-colored prototype on display has all the bells and whistles. So what can you slap on the latest version of Mazda's iconic roadster?

First of all, you can include a special aero kit, which includes a front air dam, …

Read the rest of the story

LuxInterior
LuxInterior Reader
2/12/15 3:19 p.m.

I'm game for all of the "aero" goodies. What I'm wondering is if/when they'll do a hard top

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/12/15 3:28 p.m.

I dub thee luggage rack the "A Cup" rack as it only weighs 2 lbs

NOHOME
NOHOME UltraDork
2/12/15 4:04 p.m.

Less is more.

Like the wheels.

Doubt it really needs more brakes for regular use; Who needs the added hassle at brake maintenance time.

Hate pretty much all "Aero" packages. This one included.

I so want the car.

twopointwo
twopointwo New Reader
2/12/15 4:07 p.m.

FWIW, I think brake maintenanc on fixed calipers is easier so long as the steel bolts aren't permanetly bonded to the aluminum caliper.

Pad changes are a breeze regardless.

PHeller
PHeller PowerDork
2/13/15 4:02 p.m.

They still haven't address the topic of the screen in the dash.

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/13/15 7:26 p.m.

We need more pictures of this stuff. Only shot is of the brakes and front lip.

Spinout007
Spinout007 GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/14/15 7:03 a.m.
LuxInterior wrote: I'm game for all of the "aero" goodies. What I'm wondering is if/when they'll do a hard top

X2 on this. While I love the idea of a PRHT model, not being able to put a roll bar under it kind of killed it for me. SWMBO on the other hand, didn't care.

imarcr2
imarcr2 New Reader
2/14/15 7:07 a.m.

The infotainment system is absolutely not in the way at all...you can even see a bit of the dashboard in front of it while seated

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/14/15 12:49 p.m.

In reply to Spinout007:

http://www.flyinmiata.com/index.php?deptid=5652&parentid=0&stocknumber=20-28010

Liquidog
Liquidog New Reader
2/23/15 11:52 a.m.

Saw this car in Chicago yesterday at the closing day of the auto show. White is not my color, but this thing is gorgeous. Baby F-type comparisons are apt. It looks really, really good. The BBS/Brembo combo is pure candy. I can't believe how grown up the car looks, but the insanely small proportions belie the fun waiting to be had. They had it about 15 feet from a perfect condition 1990 model, and they both look fantastic. Both doing their own thing on different sides of the same coin.

Dietcoke
Dietcoke
3/5/15 8:46 p.m.

They need to sell a +50hp accessory package to address the disappointing output.

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/6/15 9:29 p.m.
Dietcoke wrote: They need to sell a +50hp accessory package to address the disappointing output.

Drive it first before you think it needs more HP. The Miata has always been about a low powered engine in a fun and engaging platform, much like the original Euro sportscars it was modeled from.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4RlrqP7wPzpHBWiB6hX37UVA7O9L3tpKwEkcOVo1U0VrFU5pTReVvk601rbrESRw