1 2
Ignorant
Ignorant SuperDork
12/28/10 8:14 p.m.

I used Big40 for $40 off $100. I dunno if it still works.

Please be aware that you can order stuff over the internet, use these codes, get a discount, and then pick items up at the store for a ton less than you would had you walked in off the street.

Case in point. I needed a battery the other day, like jumpstart in a blizzard dead.. I walked inside, bought the battery on the internet and used a code to save money. I then jumped in my car and drove to the store and picked up the battery 20 minutes later. They even installed it for me. (It was snowing...) Moral of the story, 5minutes on the internet, saved my $40...

internetautomart
internetautomart SuperDork
12/29/10 12:41 p.m.

should we have a thread for the coupon codes? I get them emailed to me for publication when they send out new ones.

mrwillie
mrwillie Reader
12/29/10 1:26 p.m.

Does anyone have any experience w/ advance's vw parts? I've only bought basic stuff like batteries and oil and stuff from them. I need a clutch, flywheel and a few bolts and things from them.

failboat
failboat Reader
12/29/10 2:43 p.m.

considering some new shocks may be necessary for the mpv in the near future, this will save me a good chunk of change, thanks.

PS122
PS122 Reader
12/29/10 2:45 p.m.

I just tried LC123 and it worked. Now if I can just talk myself into a non-oem (Honda) timing belt, water pump and tensioner for my Integra, I'll complete the transaction.

Matt B
Matt B HalfDork
12/29/10 8:07 p.m.

I was all set to buy a year's worth of oil, but alas - no discount codes will work. However - oil is MUCH cheaper online apparently, sometimes close to 35-40% off anyway. For example the Castrol high mileage quarts are usually $5.50, but it's $3.50 online. Seemed the same for a couple of the other brands I checked.

hotrodlarry
hotrodlarry Reader
12/30/10 9:28 a.m.
Matt B wrote: I was all set to buy a year's worth of oil, but alas - no discount codes will work. However - oil is MUCH cheaper online apparently, sometimes close to 35-40% off anyway. For example the Castrol high mileage quarts are usually $5.50, but it's $3.50 online. Seemed the same for a couple of the other brands I checked.

print out the prices. most stores will match the online price of anything in the store.just gotta show proof.

PubBurgers
PubBurgers Dork
12/30/10 9:39 a.m.

The stores will not match the online prices (I work at advance). Also, the receipt you get from the store when you pick up the parts will not reflect the price you actually paid online.

mrwillie
mrwillie Reader
12/30/10 12:50 p.m.
PubBurgers wrote: The stores will not match the online prices (I work at advance). Also, the receipt you get from the store when you pick up the parts will not reflect the price you actually paid online.

Question...would you put Advance parts on an older german car? Like clutch parts, for instance?

Ignorant
Ignorant SuperDork
12/30/10 1:32 p.m.
PubBurgers wrote: The stores will not match the online prices (I work at advance). Also, the receipt you get from the store when you pick up the parts will not reflect the price you actually paid online.

wait what?

So does that mean I can instantly return the parts for profit?

FlightService
FlightService Reader
12/30/10 1:38 p.m.

+1 on the discount thread

red5_02
red5_02 New Reader
12/30/10 1:38 p.m.
Matt B wrote: I was all set to buy a year's worth of oil, but alas - no discount codes will work. However - oil is MUCH cheaper online apparently, sometimes close to 35-40% off anyway. For example the Castrol high mileage quarts are usually $5.50, but it's $3.50 online. Seemed the same for a couple of the other brands I checked.

Good luck getting a discount on things like oil and batteries. I worked for AutoZone and our employee discount didn't work on those things or on spark plugs.

PubBurgers
PubBurgers Dork
12/30/10 8:42 p.m.

In reply to Ignorant:

To do a return you have to bring your printed invoice in and then the internet price goes back on your card.

The whole thing is messy and totally backwards, it's corporate to a T.

Regarding putting our parts on a German car. Electrical items are good. Most of the mechanical stuff is decent as well. I've had spotty luck with our alternators. Can't really help you on the clutch part as I've no idea.

mattmacklind
mattmacklind SuperDork
12/30/10 8:44 p.m.

Damn it I just bought a new battery for my diesel W123. They are expensive. Should have checked Grassroots before I just went out and bought the damn thing!

FlightService
FlightService Reader
12/30/10 11:48 p.m.

If anyone needs a battery check your local interstate battery distributor.

Ours here in Morristown, TN has a "reman" for $40, $60 if it is a rare one. The take batteries, run them through a tester on returns from distributors. Most of the time they are batteries that were installed and it ended up being an alternator or something stupid. Not a bad deal, I had one for 2 years in a car before it sold with no issues.

Cheap.

internetautomart
internetautomart SuperDork
12/31/10 8:37 a.m.
FlightService wrote: If anyone needs a battery check your local interstate battery distributor. Ours here in Morristown, TN has a "reman" for $40, $60 if it is a rare one. The take batteries, run them through a tester on returns from distributors. Most of the time they are batteries that were installed and it ended up being an alternator or something stupid. Not a bad deal, I had one for 2 years in a car before it sold with no issues. Cheap.

Our local one calls them blemished. I used to get ALOT of delco blem batteries. At the time they were $12 a battery my cost and no core charge. sadly, they don't have those anymore

Supercoupe
Supercoupe Reader
1/1/11 9:58 a.m.

just went online there's a code to save 20% off everything through Jan 2. code is NEWY

jimbbski
jimbbski Reader
1/1/11 10:44 a.m.
internetautomart wrote:
FlightService wrote: If anyone needs a battery check your local interstate battery distributor. Ours here in Morristown, TN has a "reman" for $40, $60 if it is a rare one. The take batteries, run them through a tester on returns from distributors. Most of the time they are batteries that were installed and it ended up being an alternator or something stupid. Not a bad deal, I had one for 2 years in a car before it sold with no issues. Cheap.
Our local one calls them blemished. I used to get ALOT of delco blem batteries. At the time they were $12 a battery my cost and no core charge. sadly, they don't have those anymore

Many years ago I worked for an oil company that at the time still had stations that did repair work. I worked at the warehouse that supplied most of the parts that the stations used to fix their customers cars. We sold thousands of batteries and there were always some that were returned under warrenty that were claimed as "bad". They were tested and those that were still good were then sold to employees for $5! For about 15 years my friends and I never had to buy a battery! Even if one of these only lasted a year it was cheaper then buying a new battery. Back then batteries didn't seen to last as long as they do today.

internetautomart
internetautomart SuperDork
1/19/11 4:41 p.m.

FWIW I am now posting the coupon codes (and links) on a "blog". linky I just posted some new codes today

internetautomart
internetautomart SuperDork
1/26/11 8:13 p.m.

btw if you click those links the code is automatically applied and I get a commision on the sale :)

As soon as I get the new codes I'll be posting them there.
Auto Part Warehouse, JCWhitney and Auto Part Giant send me codes too. I have them posted too. I also have an 800 number for Advance too FWIW

internetautomart
internetautomart SuperDork
1/27/11 8:39 a.m.

New codes posted for Advance

http://internetautosupply.com/blog/?p=24

Matt B
Matt B HalfDork
1/27/11 12:42 p.m.

And here I thought your screen name was just tongue-in-cheek. Both you and fastclown.

Thanks for the links btw!

internetautomart
internetautomart SuperDork
1/27/11 3:57 p.m.

It's actually a left over from when I worked for a car dealer named International Auto Mart. On most boards I show up as Internetauto. I do own the domain name Internetautomart.com in addition to about 20 others LOL.
Though one does not actually own a domain name, it is much more of a rental.

Your welcome for the links. Just use them please!

internetautomart
internetautomart SuperDork
2/1/11 6:08 p.m.

new codes have been posted. http://internetautosupply.com/blog/?p=27

snipes
snipes Reader
2/1/11 8:58 p.m.

The codes work great $40 off. Thanks a bunch.

1 2
Our Preferred Partners
oEGHB7HQPzSFTYblKDqt7IrUGVjYjvI5yvJ117xiUd2aeoJbO3gYxat16WUTJUr9